Possible change in CL seeding system from next season

Hmmm I'm not sure. I know everyone likes the idea of it being the "Champions" League and all of that but having teams like Barcelona, Napoli, Dortmund, Chelsea etc all in pot 2 and Ajax, Porto and whatever league is next, Belgium(?) so Anderlecht or something just seems a bit...

I think it's better having the best teams in pot 1 and the worst teams in pot 4. Although there could still be room for improvement when we're getting Roma in pot 4 and things like that. Some kind of mix between previous Euro co-efficients and domestic positions would be good maybe.

Hmmm I'm not sure. I know everyone likes the idea of it being the "Champions" League and all of that but having teams like Barcelona, Napoli, Dortmund, Chelsea etc all in pot 2 and Ajax, Porto and whatever league is next, Belgium(?) so Anderlecht or something just seems a bit...

Yeah this is where this new system gets a bit awry, I think rewarding the champs of the top 7 leagues by putting them in pot 1 is a good idea, because it rewards the likes of Man City, and stops rewarding consistently finishing 4th (cough... Arsenal) but like you say what happens with the other pots is the dealbreaker.

Putting the second-place teams from the top 7 leagues in pot 2 would be massively unfair to the champions of the leagues ranked 8-14, but as some point, they're going to have to go down that route to prevent teams from smaller leagues getting overrated in terms of seeding. Finding a perfect balance is near impossible.

The CL is a joke of a competition and just isn't competitive.

I hardly watch it now and although the quality of football is not as good I prefer the Europa.

Just for competative reasons.

Same Teams all the time in the cl that get through.

A competition in which no team has defended their title is not competitive? And where in the last 7/8 years only Barca have won it twice?

A competition in which no team has defended their title is not competitive? And where in the last 7/8 years only Barca have won it twice?

Stats don't convince me.

Here's one it's the same Teams in the last 8 every Year.

Chelsea, Milan, Real, Bayern, Barca, Man Utd,Inter,and maybe PEG or Lyon.

Much prefer the old European Cup format of champions knockout .

Stats don't convince me.

Here's one it's the same Teams in the last 8 every Year.

Chelsea, Milan, Real, Bayern, Barca, Man Utd,Inter,and maybe PEG or Lyon.

Much prefer the old European Cup format of champions knockout .

Couple years ago only 3 of those teams were in the last 8...