***Champions League Draw Thread***

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Later on this afternoon, i think its 5

EDIT: "sides dominate the seedings for the 2008/09 UEFA Champions League group stage draw which will take place from 18.00CET on Thursday at Monaco's Grimaldi Forum."

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/news/...sid=740905.html

Pot one

MANCHESTER UNITED

CHELSEA

LIVERPOOL

Barcelona

ARSENAL

Lyon

Inter Milan

Real Madrid

Pot two

Bayern Munich

PSV Eindhoven

Villarreal

AS Roma

FC Porto

Werder Bremen

Sporting Lisbon

Juventus

Pot three

Marseille

Zenit St Petersburg

Steaua Bucharest

Panathinaikos

Bordeaux

CELTIC

Basel

Fenerbahce

Pot four

Shakhtar Donetsk

Fiorentina

Atletico Madrid

Dynamo Kiev

CFR Cluj

Aalborg

Anorthosis Famagusta

Bate Borisov

I think the scum will get Liverpool, Villarreal and Fiorentina

Chelsea, Bayern, Celtic, Athletico would be a nice draw for them

cheers

what a horrible time for the draw a finish work at 5, rage.

heres hoping they get Arsenal, Juventus or Bayern and Atletico Madrid

:)

Hope they don't get Juventus - then I wouldn't be able to support their opponents because I hate Juve almost as much as I hate the tims.

Fuck celtic, the only team I hope they get is Shakhtar because apparently the Donetsk lads indulged in a bit of 'tim skelping' last time the monkies went there :D

Looking to see who Roma get though. Hopefully a decent draw so that they can progress nicely.

I wonder how the Scum will cope with unbias referees :)

good point...can just hear them all whinging to chesney in the changing room after the game

McManus '3 hand balls into goal and they didn't let one stand the punks'

McGeady 'and they let all 9 of Atleticos goals count'

Naka ' I went down 13 times and not one free kick'

Five British clubs will discover their Champions League opponents when the draw for the group stages is made at 1700 BST on Thursday.

Holders Manchester United, along with Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Celtic will be involved.

The 32 teams in the pot will be split into eight groups of four teams, with the first set of matches due to be played on 16/17 September.

The four English sides will be kept apart after being made top seeds.

Celtic could face any one of the English sides after being drawn in the third pot of clubs.

Liverpool and Arsenal both came through qualifying, along with the likes of Barcelona and Juventus to make it to the lucrative stages of Europe's premier competition.

European heavyweights like Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Bayern Munich come into the competition at the group stages.

But Scottish side Rangers failed to make it through the qualifying stages, while 2007 winners AC Milan missed out after finishing fifth in Serie A last season.

The eight group winners plus the runners-up go through to the knockout stages of the competition, while the teams finishing third go into the Uefa Cup.

Rome's Stadio Olimpico will stage the Champions League final on 27 May 2009.

The stadium was the venue for Liverpool's European Cup triumphs in 1977 and 1984 and also played host to Juventus' victory in 1996.

AS Roma, who play their home games at the Stadio Olimpico, are involved in the competition.

The winner of the Uefa Club Footballer of the Year will also be announced on Thursday.

England's 'big four' clubs provide 17 of the 20 players on the shortlist for the award.

Schalke keeper Manuel Neuer and Barcelona pair Lionel Messi and Carlos Puyol are the only non-Premier League players to be nominated.

Any way for the bbc to have a sly dig at us <_<

Five British clubs will discover their Champions League opponents when the draw for the group stages is made at 1700 BST on Thursday.

Holders Manchester United, along with Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Celtic will be involved.

The 32 teams in the pot will be split into eight groups of four teams, with the first set of matches due to be played on 16/17 September.

The four English sides will be kept apart after being made top seeds.

Celtic could face any one of the English sides after being drawn in the third pot of clubs.

Liverpool and Arsenal both came through qualifying, along with the likes of Barcelona and Juventus to make it to the lucrative stages of Europe's premier competition.

European heavyweights like Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Bayern Munich come into the competition at the group stages.

But Scottish side Rangers failed to make it through the qualifying stages, while 2007 winners AC Milan missed out after finishing fifth in Serie A last season.

The eight group winners plus the runners-up go through to the knockout stages of the competition, while the teams finishing third go into the Uefa Cup.

Rome's Stadio Olimpico will stage the Champions League final on 27 May 2009.

The stadium was the venue for Liverpool's European Cup triumphs in 1977 and 1984 and also played host to Juventus' victory in 1996.

AS Roma, who play their home games at the Stadio Olimpico, are involved in the competition.

The winner of the Uefa Club Footballer of the Year will also be announced on Thursday.

England's 'big four' clubs provide 17 of the 20 players on the shortlist for the award.

Schalke keeper Manuel Neuer and Barcelona pair Lionel Messi and Carlos Puyol are the only non-Premier League players to be nominated.

Any way for the bbc to have a sly dig at us <_<

BBC also showing their disgraceful agenda against AC Milan