Gorgon Strychnine says no more signings

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan has conceded that he will be unlikely to make any more new signings before the transfer deadline on Monday.

Strachan also dismissed rumours that former Celtic hero Henrik Larsson could return to Glasgow after news that Helsingborgs transfer-listed the Swede.

"It doesn't look great," said Strachan. "I wouldn't get too excited if I was a Celtic supporter.

"Things have not materialised the way we would have liked."

Larsson scored 242 goals in 315 games for Celtic between 1997 and 2004 and was recently transfer-listed by his hometown club, sparking rumours of a sensational return to Glasgow.

However, Strachan refused to even discuss the notion of a return by Larsson, or the possibility of any other players joining the club before Sunday's Old Firm league encounter at Celtic Park.

"I thought that there might have been something, but circumstances have changed, unless something jumps out at you, which is what happens at this time of the year," he said.

"Someone you asked about who was £4m a couple of months ago will be thrown at you and you will asked if you want to take him on loan.

"That's what happens and you have to decide if it is worth it or not."

--

beeb

ahahahah, what a load of pish they've bought.

Lol, so they're going to go with the same pish from last season with the only additions being a glorified loan on an untried Spanish defensive mid, £3million wasted on a cb that won't even be first choice, McCourt who will never play, Maloney and Samaras who is pish and 3rd choice.

The still only have one decent fullback in injury prone Wilson, who has to cover at right and left back.

Good stuff.

Lol, so they're going to go with the same pish from last season with the only additions being a glorified loan on an untried Spanish defensive mid, £3million wasted on a cb that won't even be first choice, McCourt who will never play, Maloney and Samaras who is pish and 3rd choice.

The still only have one decent fullback in injury prone Wilson, who has to cover at right and left back.

Good stuff.

(tu)

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan has conceded that he will be unlikely to make any more new signings before the transfer deadline on Monday.

Strachan also dismissed rumours that former Celtic hero Henrik Larsson could return to Glasgow after news that Helsingborgs transfer-listed the Swede.

"It doesn't look great," said Strachan. "I wouldn't get too excited if I was a Celtic supporter.

"Things have not materialised the way we would have liked."

Larsson scored 242 goals in 315 games for Celtic between 1997 and 2004 and was recently transfer-listed by his hometown club, sparking rumours of a sensational return to Glasgow.

However, Strachan refused to even discuss the notion of a return by Larsson, or the possibility of any other players joining the club before Sunday's Old Firm league encounter at Celtic Park.

"I thought that there might have been something, but circumstances have changed, unless something jumps out at you, which is what happens at this time of the year," he said.

"Someone you asked about who was £4m a couple of months ago will be thrown at you and you will asked if you want to take him on loan.

"That's what happens and you have to decide if it is worth it or not."

--

beeb

ahahahah, what a load of pish they've bought.

strange as Liewell said they would make one more big signing before Monday :mutley: