*** Rm Erskine Fund - Season 15/16 Official Thread

govanblue

:ohmy:

I read them before 9am this morning and not been in the B&F since so I assume it was before. :)

And me thinking it was a great piece of advertising G B, just shows how wrong I can be. :D

It kind of loses its impact in the abridged version. You really had to read all 22 posts for it to make sense. :P

And it was a great piece of Advertising! Admin get things wrong too sometimes! :P.

It was really good to see whitey126 signing up there. I was just sitting here feeling really despondent that the only people who seem to be interested in joining, or even reading the thread, are the renewing members from last season. Don't get me wrong. We've had a fair few first-time members. But nowhere near as many as I'd hoped. :(

While it's fantastic to see such a vote of confidence from all the renewing Members, it's still rather depressing to see the uptake is so poor amongst non-members.

I had really hoped that after the success of the Fund last season, that this season it would be a no-brainer that would sell itself, and that at least some of the frequent posters who have consistently resisted donating, might finally concede that it is in fact worth a fiver.

Seems I called it wrong. :(

Apart from whitey126 of course - What a Guy! :thumbup:

GB. Did any of your deleted posts bring any new members before they were deleted? Also, why were they deleted?

No. :(

They were quite correctly interpreted as spam. I went to a 12 page thread, and quoted every non-member in the thread, and hit them with an identical long-winded sales pitch, one after the other, all 22 of them. :P

I thought it was quite funny. Admin didn't. Took me bloody ages too! :D

It was really good to see whitey126 signing up there. I was just sitting here feeling really despondent that the only people who seem to be interested in joining, or even reading the thread, are the renewing members from last season. Don't get me wrong. We've had a fair few first-time members. But nowhere near as many as I'd hoped. :(

While it's fantastic to see such a vote of confidence from all the renewing Members, it's still rather depressing to see the uptake is so poor amongst non-members.

I had really hoped that after the success of the Fund last season, that this season it would be a no-brainer that would sell itself, and that at least some of the frequent posters who have consistently resisted donating, might finally concede that it is in fact worth a fiver.

Seems I called it wrong. :(

Apart from whitey126 of course - What a Guy! :thumbup:

We will bump this thread in the morning, at midday and in the evening and many times in between :D

We will not surrender until G B has got the number of members he requires to help the people that we all should respect and show kindness to for what they have done for so many of us.

Don't sleep in tomorrow BP9, we need all hands to the pump. :thumbup:

We will bump this thread in the morning, at midday and in the evening and many times in between :D

We will not surrender until G B has got the number of members he requires to help the people that we all should respect and show kindness to for what they have done for so many of us.

"Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves, that if the British RM Empire Erskine and its Commonwealth Recreation Fund last for a thousand years, men will still say. this was their fundest hour."

winston-churchill-says-we-deserve-victor

:D

All hands to the bump ! Got it SIR! Yes Sir!

In fact, I do our New Members a disservice with that earlier despondent post.

I went to check the numbers, and they're nowhere near as bad as I thought. (it's about 1 in 4 (tu))

So let's have another warm welcome to our 31 First-Time Fund Members...

Whose simple donation says more about them than 20,000 Posts ever could. :21:

Remember these names folks, they're now Legendary.

:21: :21: :21:

• Bigfc

• Blinkyman

• Blue Avenger

• bluenose1975

• Brightside

• Corky True Legend

• cumnockbear

• Dan Deacon

• Domthenbud

• gazza27

• ger4life_1872

• Heshootshescores

• jim beam

• jintybear

• Johnny Dangerously

• Johnnyren

• juve78

• legs

• Loyal-Bear

• NorthUistBear

• ofb1988

• onefootwillie

• RFCRussell

• stafford

• SteveEarle

• The Beast

• The Only Way is Up

• TEFTONG

• weejoseph

• wewillfollowrangers

• whitey126

:21: :21: :21:

And also, a warm welcome to any new members who have donated, but not PMed me to let me know.

I don't know who you are yet, until I get the data from Admin, but if past fundraisers are anything to go by, I'm confident that we'll have at least one or two new Members to welcome when I get the spreadsheet. (tu)

Which reminds me -

Summary for those too lazy to go back to page 1...

RM Erskine Rangers Recreation Fund - Season 2015/16

Ordinary RM Members Supporting Extraordinary Erskine Veterans.

mrbump.jpg

Welcome to the New RM Erskine Fund Thread – Season 2015/16

Latest Accounts: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=284912

Donation Link: http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/forum/donate.html

(The previous thread can be found here…

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=283308&page=41#entry1062778380

and all the other Fund threads can be found here…

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&search_tags=erskine%2Blunch%2Bfund&search_app=forums

and here…

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&search_tags=rm%2Bsponsors%2Bfund&search_app=forums

- That’s a lot of threads! :pipe:

The RangersMedia Erskine Rangers Recreation Fund (aka The Fund) is a voluntary fundraising group funded by RM Member donations (and other occasional fundraising activities). A donation of £5 or more gains you membership of the Fund’s Hall of Fame, which is by far the most respectable list around these parts - but more importantly, it helps us help our Veterans, and our Club.

The money raised is spent as follows:

• Providing Rangers FC Products and Services to Residents of 4 Erskine Care Homes (eg: Season Tickets, Match Tickets, Hospitality Tickets, Stadium Tours, Argyle Restaurant Lunches, Rangers TV, Rangers Match Programmes)
  • Providing non-Rangers-related Recreational Treats for the Residents of 4 Erskine Homes (eg: Boat Trips, Restaurant Lunches, Christmas Party Donations, Palace Visits, D-Day Whisky Miniatures)
  • Supporting The Rangers Family - Rangers Development Fund, Rangers Charity Foundation, Rangers Ladies, Rangers Football In The Community.

(we also support Residents of Hollybush House Hospital (Combat Stress) along the same lines as the Erskine Homes)

The Fund has no running costs – (except the 6% PayPal fee charged by PayPal on all donations :( ). So every penny donated is properly spent and properly accounted for. (tu)

With over £25,000 raised to date (and spent very wisely!), we are now enthusiastically embarking on our 4th Season of Supporting Erskine Veterans and Rangers FC. It promises to be our most successful season so far - and that’s why we’d really like you to join us. :thumbup:

We launched this season’s new membership a few days ago, and the response from members has been awesome - We already have over 130 New Members before a ball is even kicked.

But the more members we have, the more we can achieve, so please join us. It's easy.

To Support our Activities, and Join our Hall of Fame, simply donate £5 or more to the Fund (and PM me).

• If money is in short supply, that's all we need from you. (tu)
  • If even £5 is too much, not a problem - PM me for a full concession - there are other ways to help apart from money! :pipe:
  • If you earn enough to donate more than £5, then please feel free to donate as you see fit. (tu)
  • If you're on holiday, offshore, waiting for pay day etc, then PM me and I'll add you to the Pledged List - then you can donate whenever is good for you.

Donation Link: http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/forum/donate.html

3_zpsa9fabab6.jpg

John_at_Ibrox_zps7hnewk8y.jpg

Well done all new Bears and Bearettes who have donated, great to see a high number of new incoming members.

As always a great turnout from the usual suspects on the board, I still don't class myself there yet, I am only three years in I think! No doubt GB will tell me two years and I owe him a years fees.....