Duncan Ferguson Testimonial

Gaz52

Surprised he didn't choose Rangers to play, that would have been a good trip for us all and we would have took thousands down

Perhaps he did and was knocked back due to our early start to the season?

Anyway, all the best big Dunc :21:

Did he no leave after head nutting some guy on the pitch and felt rangers didn't do enough after he was charged, don't think he would pick us

To be honest, the jail term was a fucking joke, and I also think the club should have backed him more, but we couldn't wait to punt him after his release.

To be honest, the jail term was a fucking joke, and I also think the club should have backed him more, but we couldn't wait to punt him after his release.

Pity, he was good player bit mental at times but was class showed that down south would've been a legend for us

Did he no leave after head nutting some guy on the pitch and felt rangers didn't do enough after he was charged, don't think he would pick us

we sold him down the river did nothing to defend or help our him, around the start of the slippery slope for our club allowing enemies to walk all over us.

Before his incident with mcstay he had a number of court appearances, Scottish football hung him out to dry resulting in another court appearance and going on his previous convictions he was handed a jail term, mcstay didn't push for any of this the dark forces we see today trying to kill our club were behind this without a doubt.

Was the hot property at the time when we bought him... However, at the time Hateley was still a total beast for rangers when we bought him.

However, after ferguson was sold in 95 I think, Hateley followed suit soon after.

Was strange to let both go so soon as each other.

Never felt the big fella got a good run of games.

Tbf, Hateley and McCoist were still outstanding at the time.

If i mind right he had been involved with the police a few times regards rattling punters in taxi queues and on nights out. If im right i remember everton tabling a bid for him before he went to the jail so in fairness walter smith probably thought it was better to let him go more for his own sake than ours

One of the most overrated strikers in Britain throughout his career, he was good.at Utd, not great but good and to think we spunked £4m on him 22 years ago is outrageous, as soon as Everton were willing to give us our money back Walter and Murray couldn't get him down to Merseyside quick enough, we couldn't believe our luck, the money we got back for him basically paid for Gazza that Summer.

To put signing Ferguson into prespective, we paid £750,000 more for him than Blackburn paid for Alan Shearer, the signings were only weeks apart.

People also need to remember that he was jailed after he left Rangers.

He was a total ned who was hard as fuck, a dangerous combination

I think Ol' Drunken Duncan was the last player to become a.British transfer record while signing for a Scottish club

We signed him and stuck him out left wing because we had big Mark Hateley at the time, When he allegedly stuck the head into Jock McStay of Raith, David Murray just wanted to recoup as much his money as possible.

We sold the poor guy down the river when we should have fought tooth and nail along with the sfa to stop the police getting involved.

You see worse in Rubgy Union or Rugby League every single week yet nothing ever get done to these players...

Do not blame him one bit for never pulling on the dark blue of Scotland again, I would have done likewise.

Good luck today big man.