Absolute Class!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyed the game, some excellent play from the whole team but especially by Tav and Wag, the score line should have certainly been by a bigger margin but 3-0 is good enough and the team under this Management will get better and better as we go through the season.

Tavernier was outstanding and deserved his MOTM award. The most attacking defensive outlet we've had since we sold Alan Hutton to Spurs in 2008.

I thought Halliday ran him a close second, though. For someone who played up-front for Livingston and often out wide for Middlesbrough, plus looking at his build, I just didn't expect a ball winner who breaks-up play as well as he does. He's comfortable on the ball, too.

Having said that, I thought he was lucky to stay on the pitch after that coming together with McAlister. He's lucky the referee wasn't looking. I don't even know if there was anything in it, but it would have given the referee a decision to make.

Templeton's goal will give him confidence, but make no mistake, he didn't have the beating of Blockely (I remember him from Airdrie, away, thinking he was like a wee Lennon-looking fuck).

It's such a novelty to see Foderingham distribute the ball with his feet and to feet as often as he does.

Overall, a good, solid, pleasing performance which, had it not been for their 'keeper Smith and a lack of cutting edge on our part, could have been a demolition score.

Templeton and McKay were our weak links today.

The rest of the team were great.

Warbs should maybe think about starting Miller and Clark over Temps and McKay against St Mirren and give them two something to think about from the bench. Effort isn't fully there yet and decision making not up to scratch.

The intricate passing at pace is great to watch, our two centres handled the brute of a target man well, right back and the captain bombed forward constantly even into the last minutes. At 1 nil while in control started getting a bit frustrating but once we introduced the fresh legs and got the second it became a joy to watch. Miller chasing back winning his tackle and starting an attack from deep in our half (wow) haliday was solid too, impressed me anyway. Actually I cant find much fault with anyone today, buzzing, 2 up top and 1 out wide at corners thats brave stuff right there. Dare I say I had a great day at the football today, magic :clap:

Templeton and McKay were our weak links today.

The rest of the team were great.

Warbs should maybe think about starting Miller and Clark over Temps and McKay against St Mirren and give them two something to think about from the bench. Effort isn't fully there yet and decision making not up to scratch.

Think its mostly decision making, and still being too easily pushed off the ball. At least we expect Warbs to drop anyone not performing.

Clark set up Tavernier did he not, and he also put Waghorn through for a stick on goal, great save from their keeper... Clark isn't as bad as everyone makes out.... he set up Miller last week for one as well didn't he?

He's had 2 assists in 2 games, I am happy with that.

Its clear that the players have bought into what MW is doing as you can see the effort from every single player... waghorn was outstanding from the off as soon as the ref blew for the start of the game he straight away ran at there defense shame he did not score defiantly deserved a couple.. temps was better today than the hibs game hopefully that goal with give him more confidence as you can see some moments of brilliance from him just his decision making at times is poor but deserves some more time if we keep seeing an improvement week in and out.. wallace and tav look both immense full backs up and down the park all day long cant believe the turn around in the football knew it would be better but did not think it would be this good this quick certain it will get better as well! defense was not really tested but did look more organised and wilson and kiernan look solid. Halliday was great again law had his best game yet this season should of scored that header tho.. Mckay wasn't amazing but certainly was not bad seen enough of him over these few games to merit a place in the team with the current squad thought shiels was decent too looks like he is growing on those performances under SM at the end of last season should of scored as well at least once... Kenny Miller will get 20+ goals without a doubt if he stays fit glad he is still with us.. i guarantee you one thing he will score more goals than Boyd will for killie and will probably have half the game time! need to see foderingham tested dont think we have seen him having to do much yet looked a bit more comfortable today than last week tho which is a good sign.. Holt was also good when he came on and still going to keep some faith in clark too!! really good performance if we can be more clinical friday we will steam roll st mirren teams will not want to come to ibrox this season thats for sure!

Players with skill, good fitness levels, passing the ball quickly and accurately to guys in blue shirts, not punting the ball aimlessly. Management team who have clearly coached the squad and thought about tactics. A pleasure to be at Ibrox today. First time I have been able to say that for years.

PS When Peterhead got a corner, we left two guys on the half way line, then broke quickly to put them under pressure. Under Ally we would have had everyone back for the corner, and would probably have conceded a goal.

I liked the way Warbuton embraced Temps when he came off,he knows the boy is totally shot of belief and he is showing he has confidence in him to regain some form

Yea clear that he is a very good at man management i hope the goal has given temps some more confidence think he had his best game so far into this new era think he deserves some time as long as he shows improvement each week could be immense if he hits top form

It would be great if Temps could hit a bit of form,he looked totally dis-heartened under McCoist and,after some of the stuff that came out,i think McCall didn't want to give him a chance either.

Don't get me wrong i think he has been a weak link so far but if he gets his confidence back he could be a key player for this season.

With better players around him,dragging markers off him and freeing up space,then it could end up working out for him.

He just needs to work on his decision making and it will fall into place,its a confidence thing and his goal today plus the managers man-management skills and his team-mates rallying round him will help the lad big time.

Brilliant performance there. Tavernier (is that how you spell it?), what can I say? If he continues on in this form, then he is going to be worth millions!!

Waghorn - should've had a double hat-trick. Done everything but score. Needs to take more time with his shots.

Lee Wallace - Looks like a new signing, should've scored. Seemed to get tired as the game went on, which seems to reinforce the theory that his fitness has been the problem over the last two seasons.

Barrie McKay - the time out on loan seems to have done the trick. Seems to know that the only way is down after you leave the Gers. Looking like the player we had in the first half of the 3rd division.

Centre backs - strolled the game. Not much else to be said.

Kenny Miller - looking to be a brilliant impact sub. Took his goal well and linked up well. Still got a couple years left in the tank.

Sheils - got man of the match, dunno why? He didn't do anything wrong, played quite well, but the were better players on the park today.

Holt - came on for Law, straight replacement and had similar impact as law. Both played well.

Halliday - Needs to remember he's a player, not a fan. I can see him getting a lot of bookings if he doesn't cool down. Played well otherwise.

Keeper - Had nothing to do. Positioning was a little better, but still seems to get dragged to close to his near post. Not a lot to say, did he even have a save to make?

Clark - not Rangers class unfortunately. I almost forgot to add him in.

Templeton - Got a goal, some nice touches. Needs to play more to get his confidence back.

Management - Seem to have the team playing the way they want, the way the said they wanted them to play. Looking to be a class act, really pleased that we got them in, they weren't my first choice, but I really like what I have seen so far. Great to be impressed by our football. When was the last time any of us could say that eh?

Can see a packed Ibrox for the St Mirren game, hopefully the fans will be in better voice.

Great match, well done to all the boys. It's great to have a Gers team that is good to watch again, God how I missed it.

Can't argue with any of that.

What I would add though , is how we played as a team. That for me was the most pleasing aspect of all.