*** The Official Rangers V St Mirren Match Thread ***

WilliamFyfe

What has happened to Templeton ? the player who shone for Hearts, Where has the 40+ goal a season Clark from 2 seasons ago gone ? i just don't get how players come to Rangers and regress, i hope Clark can prove us all wrong and start banging in the goals and also Templeton finds some past Hearts form.

Not convinced by Shiels either

A far sterner test than Peterhead - while newly demoted and looking shite - we saw with Motherwell that we should not underestimate a SPL team just cause they looked shit! However we also look a different team so this will be exciting and testing!

What has happened to Templeton ? the player who shone for Hearts, Where has the 40+ goal a season Clark from 2 seasons ago gone ? i just don't get how players come to Rangers and regress, i hope Clark can prove us all wrong and start banging in the goals and also Templeton finds some past Hearts form.

Theres no doubt that they were being managed by a bad manager but at the same time we are Rangers. We aren't some two bit mob like Hearts or QOTS and some players simply crumble under the pressure and can't deal with the expectations when they make that step up.

I truly believe that playing for us and being successful is about character almost as much as it's about ability and I'm not sure either Clark or Templeton have it.

Here's a thought, why don't you allow Warburton and weir to work on Clark, Temps and a n other for 6months to a season and see if he can develop and improve them. Now that makes sense than this knee jerk conclusion.

Knee jerk ?

Your assuming that on what basis?

Knee jerk ?

Your assuming that on what basis?

The basis that Warburton has only been working with him for 3-4 weeks. Just maybe Warburton will find a player within Clark - or maybe he won't but 3-4 weeks is too soon to discard him and I think you'll find Warburton will agree and see what he can develop in Clark - and others fir that matter.

As was stated above, I would give them each at least 6 months to prove they can adapt to this new system. I mean, thank fuck we are no longer seeing Wimbledon stylee 1980's route one shite and players in out of position roles. We are in a new era, at least give them a few months to show they can adapt and fit in with the new style.

The basis that Warburton has only been working with him for 3-4 weeks. Just maybe Warburton will find a player within Clark - or maybe he won't but 3-4 weeks is too soon to discard him and I think you'll find Warburton will agree and see what he can develop in Clark - and others fir that matter.

I'd disagree

If he saw anything in him. , he wouldn't be signing waghorn to play as the lone striker if he had a striker good enough at the club

18 goals in 66 appearances for a rangers striker plsying against div 1 & 2 teams is not what I'd call prolific

Even today , in front of goal he's rushing chances

No , I think YOU will find Warburton won't agree

I'd disagree

If he saw anything in him. , he wouldn't be signing waghorn to play as the lone striker if he had a striker good enough at the club

18 goals in 66 appearances for a rangers striker plsying against div 1 & 2 teams is not what I'd call prolific

Even today , in front of goal he's rushing chances

No , I think YOU will find Warburton won't agree

No worries mate. You've got your opinion and me mine.

Theres no doubt that they were being managed by a bad manager but at the same time we are Rangers. We aren't some two bit mob like Hearts or QOTS and some players simply crumble under the pressure and can't deal with the expectations when they make that step up.

I truly believe that playing for us and being successful is about character almost as much as it's about ability and I'm not sure either Clark or Templeton have it

True, time will tell if they can/will make their mark at Rangers under Warburton a hard working highly rated manager.

He rarely shone for hearts though. The odd moment here and there. 2 goals in his last full season for them and couldn't hold down a starting place so was in and out the team his whole time there.

4-1 Rangers would give Templton a rest.

Thought McKay was outstanding against Peterhead having more freedom to get about the pitch.

McKay glides past opponents but I think his final output needs worked on

His crossing yesterday was really poor