Corners

Weemani

First off I like that we have a few bodies kept up the pitch for corners, this change has been long overdue.

Regarding the type of corners, I'm glad we're using short corners just now but wouldn't want to limit ourselves to just playing short corners every time. Mixing it up a bit keeps our opponents guessing.

Agree we could do with a bit of height though.

I think the short corners were for a couple of reasons. Firstly we lack serious height and Peterhead had a lot of taller players than us. Secondly when we were taking the short corners we done them very quickly. I think this is to keep up the momentum we had built up and so that Peterhead didn't get a chance to rest and we could sustain the pressure we had built up.

We keep taking quick short corners. I would much rather we took the opportunity to get the ball in the box. I hate the short corner with an absolute passion.

MW is probably playing the law of averages. 4.5% of corners result in a goal. That is terrible odds. We might as well retain possession.