League Cup Draw

I know I will say right now that I want an easy match at ibrox but tbh I'll be let down if we get a really easy game, so ... I want Motherwell or Kilmarnock at Ibrox wouldn't mind Killie at Rugby Park either because I could go to that easily too. Anyone know when these ties are played?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I will say right now that I want an easy match at ibrox but tbh I'll be let down if we get a really easy game, so ... I want Motherwell or Kilmarnock at Ibrox wouldn't mind Killie at Rugby Park either because I could go to that easily too. Anyone know when these ties are played?

Read above. Us, along with teams you want are all seeded. We CANNOT draw them.

Hope we get Motherwell at Ibrox just to put their trampy shit wee daft nothing club in their rightful place.

As has been mentioned above mate, we cannot draw a premiership side, as we are seeded along with them.

The seedings were listed earlier in the thread by someone.

As has been mentioned above mate, we cannot draw a premiership side, as we are seeded along with them.

The seedings were listed earlier in the thread by someone.

Ah fair enough mate never read that far enough into the thread,still would love to draw those bastards at home.

Yip. Them and United have some payback coming. And I would love to dish it out later in the cups this season.

Same if we get through this round then I want one of them next so we can beat them but also test ourselves before we take on them or the sheep!

Same if we get through this round then I want one of them next so we can beat them but also test ourselves before we take on them or the sheep!

Agreed 100% mate.

Nobody knows if we could beat the mhanks this season, but all the signs certainly point to us being able to compete much better than we did against them in February.

Read above. Us, along with teams you want are all seeded. We CANNOT draw them.

can someone post a link saying that cos I can see it anywhere, it doesn't say anywhere that there are seeded and unseeded teams, so if you have a link from somewhere saying that then could you post it?

As the Killie Chairman at least abstained in the vote on our future (unlike the rest of the SPL chairmen), for me they come a wee bit further down the list of target for vengeance. They'll have their day too, but there are others who should come first for me.

It's more to do with the fact that they took on some of our rejects from last season.

Hopefully Falkirk, they've been a bit of a bogey side in recent years and would be a good test for our new players and management.

We'll be deserved favourites regardless of who we are drawn with.

The draw for the second round of the 70th Scottish League Cup competition takes place at Hampden at 2.30pm today.

The draw will be conducted by SPFL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster, along with Derek Johnstone – a five-time Scottish League Cup winner with Rangers – and Gary Teale, who starred in St Mirren’s first success in the competition in season 2012/13.

A total of 11 ties will be drawn, with games to be played on August 25/26. Celtic, Aberdeen, Inverness CT, St Johnstone and Dundee United enter the competition in round three.

Seeded teams
1 Dundee
2 Hamilton Academical
3 Partick Thistle
4 Ross County
5 Kilmarnock
6 Motherwell
7 St Mirren
8 Heart of Midlothian
9 Hibernian
10 Rangers
11 Queen of the South

Unseeded teams
12 Falkirk
13 Raith Rovers
14 Livingston
15 Morton
16 Stranraer
17 Forfar Athletic
18 Airdrieonians
19 Dunfermline Athletic
20 Ayr United
21 East Fife
22 Berwick Rangers

Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/league-cup-round-2-draw-today/#0ArbcFxS15XgbFwz.99