Going By Our First Two Competetive Games Of The Season....

What is your analysis?

I am very impressed by our management team and see a good mix of young players brought in to enhance our more experienced players.

We could develop into a team capable of giving anyone in Scotland a good game within a few months IMO.

My main worry, and it was a big one, was that the players we had on the books from last season and who we are apparently paying high wages would let their heads down and give up. They totally failed as a collective and I doubted they had the mental strength to turn things around. We are in this division AGAIN for a reason!

I do see the likes of Wallace, Miller, and Shiels putting in a huge effort in though, and they are proving they have the bottle for the fight ahead. Refreshing to see them do well as they are good players and have Rangers at heart.

Good to feel positive about our team for a change. Long may it last!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant to see us playing at a faster tempo. The slick passing is creating a lot more chances than we've been used to , and though too many are straying , I think in time , that will improve . Once that happens , I think we'll be a match for most teams in Scotland , never mind this division.

It's great being able to look forward to going to the game now , and even better coming home more than satisfied.

Can't argue with most of that. I think we look electric going forward, but my concern is that we look open at the back at times. I think against the top few teams in the Prem, we'd lose goals, so that might be a problem in the cups.

That's the only concern just now, really. Things are clicking astonishingly quickly.

I'm actually overwhelmed just how far we have come in such little time. We're starting to look like an actual team again and I'm loving it.

I thought the defence looked solid today, Wilson and Kiernan look a good pairing. McGregor is plenty cover and I wouldn't object to Zaliuskas leaving. Wallace looks to be back to his best and I thought he had a great game, Tavernier is just different class, I'm so pleased we signed him.

The starting midfield trio today were excellent; Law played very well, Halliday just reminds me so much of Barry Ferguson, Sheils gave us an extra attacking edge and Holt shone when he came on.

McKay played well at times, although I'd like to see him take on his man more regularly. Templeton, aside from the goal, I thought was quite poor, can't remember him doing anything of note.

I actually think Waghorn looks an excellent signing, should have scored atleast one today and looked convincing as a winger. It's so refreshing to see Miller nipping in at the back post and grabbing goals again. Even Clark looks a different player under W&W.

I'd like to see us add a proven winger during this window, one capable of playing on either side and able to score a goal or two as well as creating chances and getting assists.

Also, not once today did the passing become stagnant, mostly every bit of play ended in a chance, we just need to be more clinical in the future like MW said post match.

I'm actually overwhelmed just how far we have come in such little time. We're starting to look like an actual team again and I'm loving it.

I thought the defence looked solid today, Wilson and Kiernan look a good pairing. McGregor is plenty cover and I wouldn't object to Zaliuskas leaving. Wallace looks to be back to his best and I thought he had a great game, Tavernier is just different class, I'm so pleased we signed him.

The starting midfield trio today were excellent; Law played very well, Halliday just reminds me so much of Barry Ferguson, Sheils gave us an extra attacking edge and Holt shone when he came on.

McKay played well at times, although I'd like to see him take on his man more regularly. Templeton, aside from the goal, I thought was quite poor, can't remember him doing anything of note.

I actually think Waghorn looks an excellent signing, should have scored atleast one today and looked convincing as a winger. It's so refreshing to see Miller nipping in at the back post and grabbing goals again. Even Clark looks a different player under W&W.

I'd like to see us add a proven winger during this window, one capable of playing on either side and able to score a goal or two as well as creating chances and getting assists.

Also, not once today did the passing become stagnant, mostly every bit of play ended in a chance, we just need to be more clinical in the future like MW said post match.

Have to agree that the big thing is how far we have come in such a short space of time. If this continues, then we must be in with a good shout of a 'big' cup.

It's like night and day. I can't believe the transformation in the team from that omnishambles last season. I know its only 2 games in but to me Warburton hasn't made a bad signing which is unbelievable.

Tavernier has been the one grabbing the headlines but I've been impressed with every one of the new players. Other players who were there last season such as Lee Wallace and Kenny Miller have been rejuvenated.

The slick passing and movement has been a joy to watch and now, finally, I am looking forward to going to watch Rangers again. The last few seasons I was doing it out of habit more than anything else.

Can't argue with most of that. I think we look electric going forward, but my concern is that we look open at the back at times. I think against the top few teams in the Prem, we'd lose goals, so that might be a problem in the cups.

That's the only concern just now, really. Things are clicking astonishingly quickly.

I think we will see a marked improvement in that regard when Eustace comes in.

Derby's win percentage was something like 88% when he played so he's obviously a really effect player when it comes to just sitting in midfield, starting moves, covering and plugging gaps.

What is your analysis?

I am very impressed by our management team and see a good mix of young players brought in to enhance our more experienced players.

We could develop into a team capable of giving anyone in Scotland a good game within a few months IMO.

My main worry, and it was a big one, was that the players we had on the books from last season and who we are apparently paying high wages would let their heads down and give up. They totally failed as a collective and I doubted they had the mental strength to turn things around. We are in this division AGAIN for a reason!

I do see the likes of Wallace, Miller, and Shiels putting in a huge effort in though, and they are proving they have the bottle for the fight ahead. Refreshing to see them do well as they are good players and have Rangers at heart.

Good to feel positive about our team for a change. Long may it last!

As MW has said on several occasions it's all about the squad.He has brought young hungry men to the club who want to play.Any player who doesn't shouldn't be near the club.He has a philosophy of working hard and anyone who is not buying in for whatever the reason won't be at Ibrox.This is the way it should be and should have been over the past years.

Many times I have got frustrated when a cutting pass could have been made through the midfield, only for it to go to the nearest Rangers player for things to break down.

Watching the game today, the team is aware of where the pass should go and they delivered quality through the midfield, well done and long may it continue!!!!

Need to replace McKay, Templeton and Law and face some stiffer opposition. Signs are good though.

pish, why do we need to replace McKay?, though he had a good game today, and he had a good second half against Hibs, and he's only going to get better as the season goes on, he's only 20, if it wasn't for fckn "super" putting him out on loan he would be 100% ready to play for Rangers right now, but if we give him time maybe only half the season and he will be a great player, he has bags of potential. I wonder what people would be saying about Mckay if he was one of Warburton's new signings, And Law has made a MASSIVE improvement from last season.

Need to replace McKay, Templeton and Law and face some stiffer opposition. Signs are good though.

Can't understand the criticism towards McKay. I've been impressed with him under Warburton thus far. Of course he needs to progress and show more to be a nailed on regular but you could probably say that about every single player that has been involved so far.

Back to the OP's initial question, been absolutely delighted with the start and the brand of football. Most excited I've been about the start of a league season in a long, long time.

pish, why do we need to replace McKay?, though he had a good game today, and he had a good second half against Hibs, and he's only going to get better as the season goes on, he's only 20, if it wasn't for fckn "super" putting him out on loan he would be 100% ready to play for Rangers right now, but if we give him time maybe only half the season and he will be a great player, he has bags of potential. I wonder what people would be saying about Mckay if he was one of Warburton's new signings, And Law has made a MASSIVE improvement from last season.

Would only replace templeton and even at that he would have to be playing really poor

This.. i think we have been so use to picking loads of negatives about the players that where here last season we automatically looks at there negatives and not the positives i think mckay temps and law have got better every game and are all capable of being good players for us if they hit there potential. As long as they keep improving each week have no problem with them being in the squad MW knows what he is doing. I think some people will be eating there words on here in a few months.. ;)

Ever since w&w got the job we have been smiling, his first team signings look the part, and all for under £1 million is excellent and his tactics and football philosophy is brillant for us fans to watch, we should be the champions come May, and a league cup or scottish cup final appearance isn't beyond us, we won't be as easy to take points off like previous seasons, hopefully we come out and skelp saints on Friday gets a psychological edge over them and hibs early in the season

I can't believe how far we have come in a very short time. Our possession percentage on the ball is great to see. Too many people still anti Nicky Law though. It's getting tiresome. I never did join that bandwagon.

Agree with you mate Nicky laws a good player, used to get the posted missing comments every game, often wondered if I was watching the same game as them.

Honestly?

We are progressing well but we are far from great.

In 3 games I've seen we've been average for a chunk of it and very good for some of it too.

Today the defence was solid. Good progress.

We created chances today but our shooting was dreadful.

Hibs was a 7/10.

Today was a 5/10.

Though on saying that, when it does click, some team will get over ten taken off them.

I'm impressed by what I have seen, although our finishing was shite today, it's nice to see player wanting the ball, passing the ball, creating chances, actually playing decent football. It's a breath of fresh air.

As they start playing more games and get to really know each other, we could have some team on our hands.

Roll on Friday!!