Going By Our First Two Competetive Games Of The Season....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly?

We are progressing well but we are far from great.

In 3 games I've seen we've been average for a chunk of it and very good for some of it too.

Today the defence was solid. Good progress.

We created chances today but our shooting was dreadful.

Hibs was a 7/10.

Today was a 5/10.

Though on saying that, when it does click, some team will get over ten taken off them.

Progressing well eh :shifty:

Honestly?

We are progressing well but we are far from great.

In 3 games I've seen we've been average for a chunk of it and very good for some of it too.

Today the defence was solid. Good progress.

We created chances today but our shooting was dreadful.

Hibs was a 7/10.

Today was a 5/10.

Though on saying that, when it does click, some team will get over ten taken off them.

Don't think people are saying that we are great not yet. What we are doing as you correctly stated is progressing. All many of us ever cried out for. We spent three seasons AND 21M pounds and made NO progress, my biggest complaint as regards the previous regime.

This is not a five minute job however if we continue the progress there is no reason we cannot make an impact when we are back in the top flight.

We have done well in the last two games still need another striker of decent quality that will snap up all those chances that went begging today, very optimistic on the way the team are playing and credit to all the new players who have come in and worked hard to get the results.

I can't believe how far we have come in a very short time. Our possession percentage on the ball is great to see. Too many people still anti Nicky Law though. It's getting tiresome. I never did join that bandwagon.

People aren't anti Law, we just want him to perform to his capacity.

I can think of a 20 year old who had a better game for us today...

Don't think people are saying that we are great not yet. What we are doing as you correctly stated is progressing. All many of us ever cried out for. We spent three seasons AND 21M pounds and made NO progress, my biggest complaint as regards the previous regime.

This is not a five minute job however if we continue the progress there is no reason we cannot make an impact when we are back in the top flight.

MW is doing great.

Folk think we are phenomenal andwe really aren't. Some going for 8 nil wins ffs.

Today we did ok. Finish better and yes it could have been a cricket score. But at one nil it was nervy.

The potential seems great. The reality seems good. The difference from last year is night and day.

If we keep training hard we WILL take ten off some mob. Though need to be far better than today with our finishing.

Delighted with the progress, couple more additions and a bit more time and we'll have a real fucking team on our hands here. If we get semi decent early round draws and keep progressing as a team the way we've started I can see us doing well in the cups and cantering this league. Night and day from last couple of years and I'm willing to bet we're paying a lot less right now on wages.

Tavernier's looking like the best signing we've made in years.

W&W have done a lot more than reinvigorate Ibrox, with their fast flowing, attacking, entertaining, football. They've transformed the Bears Den from a grumpy, argumentative, weary place to be, into a fresh, pleasant, constructive, forum that we all have today.

The only differences of opinions being about, who was MOTM? Did Law play good or shit? Or how many goals we should have scored. A much more pleasant place to be, as if everyone is typing with a smile on their face, as they do so, & long may it continue.

Quadruple is on.

The last two competitive games we got better and better as the games wore on,as our new striker Martyn Waghorn said "we will will outrun,outpass,outscore everyteam".

Might not have been those exact words but I still doubt we'll come up against a fitter team this season.

For a brand new team we are showing promise of better days; Not great as yet, but the signs are there it won't be long until some decent team is going to get hammered when everything clicks, We have had 2 competitive games together as a unit where we actually improved in some areas from the Hibs game to the Peterhead game (our passing and cohesiveness) but by the same token our finishing wasn't as clinical as against Hibs. The main reason we didn't rattle in double figures against Peterhead was due to a mixture of a packed defence, sloppy finishing,bad luck and a keeper who played an absolute blinder between the sticks.

Sure we have a lot to improve on but the good thing is we have a management team who recognise the areas that need to improve and won't be content to sit on our laurels no matter how good we get.

Mark Warburton and Davie Weir will get every last drop of commitment and quality from these players possible and they will do it in a sensible timeframe without cutting corners.

Any fan not happy with our rebuilding programme so far really should not go to watch football. :pipe:

MW is doing great.

Folk think we are phenomenal andwe really aren't. Some going for 8 nil wins ffs.

Today we did ok. Finish better and yes it could have been a cricket score. But at one nil it was nervy.

The potential seems great. The reality seems good. The difference from last year is night and day.

If we keep training hard we WILL take ten off some mob. Though need to be far better than today with our finishing.

Nervy? I've never felt so comfy at 1-0 since Walter was in charge. Peterhead wouldve took that to extra time in any of the past 3 seasons. They created fuck all as we pressed them all over the place and they were reduced to shooting from all over the place.

I don't get at what point it was nervy yesterday

BP9 cause Ally's no longer involved.

:lol: That made me laugh.

I felt a bit sorry for BP9 because I'm positive he wanted the best for Rangers before all else, but unfortunately he didn't want to admit that a legend such as Ally was not the man we needed to take us in the direction we HAD to go.

He certainly is not a Gambler; because he don't know when to hold 'em, don't know when to fold 'em. :pipe:

Nervy? I've never felt so comfy at 1-0 since Walter was in charge. Peterhead wouldve took that to extra time in any of the past 3 seasons. They created fuck all as we pressed them all over the place and they were reduced to shooting from all over the place.

I don't get at what point it was nervy yesterday

Squandering umpteen chances at one nil knowing a lapse in concentration or a breakaway could have levelled it was imo nervy until the 2nd goal went in.

Didn't think we were going to lose but also don't think we played anywhere near as well as we did against Hivees.

Squandering umpteen chances at one nil knowing a lapse in concentration or a breakaway could have levelled it was imo nervy until the 2nd goal went in.

Didn't think we were going to lose but also don't think we played anywhere near as well as we did against Hivees.

We were shit against hibs for 45. We played better as an overall yesterday.

I felt it was never in any danger nor was it nervy at any point

Only downside is that we are failing to take chances.

I think the players that we have on the park are more than capable of taking them, as The Gaffer said, we need to be more clinical, then we will start embarassing teams.

We were shit against hibs for 45. We played better as an overall yesterday.

I felt it was never in any danger nor was it nervy at any point

We were slightly better than average for 40 minutes yesterday, against a much poorer team.

We kicked on when we scored as we did last week.

Plenty frustration in my section until the second one went in and we and the players relaxed more.

We were slightly better than average for 40 minutes yesterday, against a much poorer team.

We kicked on when we scored as we did last week.

Plenty frustration in my section until the second one went in and we and the players relaxed more.

Frustration? Probably why we are the hardest most spoiled bunch of supporters in the land. We scream for something new, better play, dropping of the long ball nonsense and frustration comes out in game number 2.

Fuck they're gonae be in for a long season

Frustration? Probably why we are the hardest most spoiled bunch of supporters in the land. We scream for something new, better play, dropping of the long ball nonsense and frustration comes out in game number 2.

Fuck they're gonae be in for a long season

Said from the moment MW was appointed the fans are going to have to play their part and show some patience while the management team try and turn round 4 years of abbismal management.