Wallace - Weak Point

gsa

Like everyone else I really enjoyed the game today. What a difference it is actually looking forward to watching us play! Of the new guys Tavernier and Halliday were excellent and Waghorn worked so hard. The players who remained from last year seem to have a renewed energy and confidence.

Lee Wallace however is in my opinion a complete disaster of a footballer. I can't think of another fullback with such a shocking change of pace. He's awkward on the ball and some of his passing is truly woeful. I've nothing against him personally, seems like a decent guy but if we could get any fee for him at all I'd sell him.

Bullshit lee was excellent today and also against hivs

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller doesn't have the legs for 90 mins IMO. Allan & Eustace ,fine. Wallace had a great game today. Still think we're limited up front and need better to support Waghorn. Also would start Holt before either Law or Shiels.

Miller doesnt have the legs for 90 min fair enough but Eustace is older than him .

Like everyone else I really enjoyed the game today. What a difference it is actually looking forward to watching us play! Of the new guys Tavernier and Halliday were excellent and Waghorn worked so hard. The players who remained from last year seem to have a renewed energy and confidence.

Lee Wallace however is in my opinion a complete disaster of a footballer. I can't think of another fullback with such a shocking change of pace. He's awkward on the ball and some of his passing is truly woeful. I've nothing against him personally, seems like a decent guy but if we could get any fee for him at all I'd sell him.

:lol: Just caught this.

Possibly one of the most bizarre OPs I've ever seen.

What on earth were you watching the day mate????!!!!

Hahaha.

Yes that's right, everyone who doesn't rate Lee Wallace (FYI that's everyone actually involved in football) was bullied in school.

Well our current manager currently has him as our captain and he doesn't seem so bad?

Wallace is the best LB in Scotland and he was solid today.

This is a guy who has stuck with us during the lower divisons. He did it when so called fans of the club like Lafferty, Davis, Naismith, and the like, fucked off. He deserves to be our captain.

Most people were saying the same last season. Decent this week and last but it's amazing how 2 decent games can almost wipe out the last 2-3 years for some. He's got a lot of proving to do this season, a lot.

A think hes more than proved his self to the fans

Miller doesnt have the legs for 90 min fair enough but Eustace is older than him .

Wasn't basing my opinion on his age although admittedly that's probably a considerable factor in his inability to last a full match. Based it purely on his performance last season. As for Eustace, my opinion is based on comments and reports made by others who've seen him play before and train lately with the squad.

Were you at the game caller??

For me Templeton has been far and away the weak link in both games, first player subbed in both games so far with good reason. I'd be surprised if we don't sign someone, even on loan, to take his place. If I'm wrong and Templeton comes good I'll be delighted but for me he's the one who's struggling right now.

Wallace will be fine, doing more than ok so far and will be better again with a better player in front of him.

He's the weakest player in our team in my opinion.

I'm surprised that some of you are surprised at my criticism of him. I genuinely can't see what he's good at? He's absurdly slow for a supposed attacking fullback.

Slow? Who do you think we should have in at LB Usain Bolt ffs.

He gives some of the opposition midfield or full backs 10 yards start and still beats them comfortably to the ball.

Definitely don't think he's thee weakest point in our team - I'd say that (yesterday anyway) that was Templeton and to a lesser extent Mckay. I'll give them both time before I judge though, especially Mckay.

Good to see that none of the new signings are being discussed as a weak point :)