Bentley wants Rovers exit

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3694355,00.html

David Bentley has spelt out his desire to leave Blackburn and play at a higher level.

Bentley has been at Ewood Park since 2005 and has emerged as one of the brightest young talents in England.

He has already broken into the national side but he admits his ambitions can no longer be satisfied at Blackburn.

The 23-year-old has informed Rovers he wants to go and he now hopes to secure a transfer to a club playing in the UEFA Champions League.

"I made it clear to the club what I wanted to do," Bentley told Sky Sports News.

"My situation is I want to move on, I want to be playing Champions League football, I want to be playing in Europe.

"I have been there for three years, I love the club and I love playing for them, but I feel like I've done everything I can and I want to move on and try and push up the ladder and be as successful as I can

"And I believe that lies elsewhere. I want a new challenge and I feel I want to push on somewhere else.

"I hope I have repaid them with the way I have played but I need to be moving on somewhere else.

"We'll see what the summer brings and hopefully in this transfer window something can be sorted out."

Mind made up

Blackburn are currently looking for a replacement for Mark Hughes but Bentley insists his mind was made up before the manager departed for Manchester City.

And he maintains that he will still be keen to leave regardless of who is appointed, as he looks to cement his place in the England team and play regularly in Europe.

Bentley has been linked with a number of clubs including Liverpool and Tottenham but he has refused to be drawn on where he may end up.

He said: "I discussed things with the manager then (Hughes) and the chairman.

"Their situation has changed but mine hasn't. I need to be pushing on and that's what I'll be looking to do.

"I've got ambitions to play for England and I want to be playing in the biggest games I can, and I believe that lies playing somewhere else.

"My decision is not money, it is purely based on football. I just want to be playing at the highest level.

"There are clubs interested but it lies in Blackburn's hands. Managers that come in want to keep their best players but my decision has been made and nobody could persuade me to change my mind."

I think he overrated

Unless its maybe Liverpool for their right hand side, Benayoun/Pennant, I cant see him moving to a English top 4 side. Unless Ronaldo moves.

I'd actually like him to move onto Germany or Spain or Italy, would improve even more IMO and more british players should do it