Jose's Inter ready to spend

Danny

The future of Frank Lampard is under intense scrutiny again after Jose Mourinho, the former Chelsea manager, revealed he is ready to launch a transfer raid on Stamford Bridge.

Inter Milan's new coach has made it clear he wants to be reunited with both Lampard and Didier Drogba, the Chelsea striker, at the San Siro. It is the first time Mourinho has spoken about his transfer plans and his comments come amid reports that talks over Lampard's new Chelsea contract have hit a snag over the duration of the new deal.

Lampard, who turns 30 tomorrow, wants to stay at Chelsea but is demanding a four-year extension to his current contract. The club are reportedly only prepared to offer him half that. The England midfielder will have talks with Luiz Felipe Scolari when the new Chelsea manager begins work on July 1.

It is now clear Mourinho is ready to offer one of his favourite players a way out of the club with a £10 million bid. He is also keen to sign Deco - who he managed at Porto and who is also a target for Chelsea - from Barcelona.

Related Links

"I am not nostalgic but I really like those three players, they helped me win some great titles," Mourinho said. "I cannot forget Deco, Lampard and Drogba. These are players who I could never say no to. I would love to work with them again in the future, but I am not too obsessed with this idea. I don't know which of these three will leave their clubs but we will see."

Mourinho's comments come just days after Massimo Moratti, the Inter president, revealed Lampard was on his club's target list. The Portuguese may also steal Deco from beneath Chelsea's noses after the London club's interest in the player stalled over the £15m asking price.

Marc Ingla, the Barcelona vice-president, insists the club have yet to receive a bid for Deco. "We can't guarantee his career will continue at Chelsea because we are yet to receive an offer from this club," he said.

First off £15M for Deco is a bargain. Worth £30M imo. Secondly, this is just further evidence that Inter are going to swallow up Serie A next season.

Jose is one of the best managers out there, even if his Chelsea team fell short in his final season. Inter have a LOT of money and current dominance in Italy.

And then add potentially Drogba, Lampard and Deco?

I can't see anyone challenging them tbh.

The future of Frank Lampard is under intense scrutiny again after Jose Mourinho, the former Chelsea manager, revealed he is ready to launch a transfer raid on Stamford Bridge.

Inter Milan's new coach has made it clear he wants to be reunited with both Lampard and Didier Drogba, the Chelsea striker, at the San Siro. It is the first time Mourinho has spoken about his transfer plans and his comments come amid reports that talks over Lampard's new Chelsea contract have hit a snag over the duration of the new deal.

Lampard, who turns 30 tomorrow, wants to stay at Chelsea but is demanding a four-year extension to his current contract. The club are reportedly only prepared to offer him half that. The England midfielder will have talks with Luiz Felipe Scolari when the new Chelsea manager begins work on July 1.

It is now clear Mourinho is ready to offer one of his favourite players a way out of the club with a £10 million bid. He is also keen to sign Deco - who he managed at Porto and who is also a target for Chelsea - from Barcelona.

Related Links

"I am not nostalgic but I really like those three players, they helped me win some great titles," Mourinho said. "I cannot forget Deco, Lampard and Drogba. These are players who I could never say no to. I would love to work with them again in the future, but I am not too obsessed with this idea. I don't know which of these three will leave their clubs but we will see."

Mourinho's comments come just days after Massimo Moratti, the Inter president, revealed Lampard was on his club's target list. The Portuguese may also steal Deco from beneath Chelsea's noses after the London club's interest in the player stalled over the £15m asking price.

Marc Ingla, the Barcelona vice-president, insists the club have yet to receive a bid for Deco. "We can't guarantee his career will continue at Chelsea because we are yet to receive an offer from this club," he said.

First off £15M for Deco is a bargain. Worth £30M imo. Secondly, this is just further evidence that Inter are going to swallow up Serie A next season.

Jose is one of the best managers out there, even if his Chelsea team fell short in his final season. Inter have a LOT of money and current dominance in Italy.

And then add potentially Drogba, Lampard and Deco?

I can't see anyone challenging them tbh.

Agree with that totally. If they add these 3 not only will they have Serie A in the bag, but they could make a genuine challenge in the Champions League next season.

they are close to signing mancini from roma aswell. but like milan, inter have an ageing squad. if mourinho gets the players in that he wants then you would think inter should win serie a with ease. roma ran them close last season, but i can see juventus(who are also being linked with some good players) and milan(only league to focus on, signed a couple good players, hopefully(i stress this) signing a couple more) getting a bit closer to inter.