England squad for Euro 2012

Richards > Jones

Ferdinand > Terry

Carrick > Parker

Johnson > Oxlade-Chamberlain

Lennon > Walcott

Sturridge > Downing

Holt/Crouch > Carroll

Those changes would make the squad stronger, IMO.

Carrick should be one of the first names on the team sheet, vastly underrated and had a great season for United.

I agree with Carrick, should be in as another CM. And no way should downing go

But I don't know how you can justify johnson and sturridge playing. People have been moaning for years the squad should be picked on form and if it is sturridge should get nowhere near the team. As to johnson he just hasn't played enough games so I can see why he wasn't picked, how can a coach pick someone when he hardly sees him play. Both lennon and the OX should be going. Holt you could make an argument for, Id have taken him instead of dafoe but not crouch. I'm going to rock and grain and say I don't think crouch has ever been good enough for england, if you look at his overall game and performances in the matches that count I wouldn't pick him for a big game. I conceed if it wasn't for Carroll's gain in form for hte past few matches he wouldn't have got in the squad but I geniunly think moving to liverpool has had a negative impact on his season so far, I don't think the team has been built around him like in newcastle and for a player like him you really need to do that, I think he could be the best striker in england for the next 4 years (I don't count rooney as a striker anymore since he seems to play as a CAM/NO10 for united).

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If thats the case then a gamble on someone like sturridge or walcott up front if all you want is pace.

Dafoe has been terrible in the games I've seen him play, I remember he had two chances in one game he was brought on as a sub so make a pass literally a few yards to his side for someone to score an open goal and instead he shot himself and fluffed both shots completely. I'd even gamble on the fitness of someone like bent than dafoe.

Richards > Jones

Ferdinand > Terry

Carrick > Parker

Johnson > Oxlade-Chamberlain

Lennon > Walcott

Sturridge > Downing

Holt/Crouch > Carroll

Those changes would make the squad stronger, IMO.

Carrick should be one of the first names on the team sheet, vastly underrated and had a great season for United.

Agree with all of those apart from Lennon and Holt.

England goalkeeper John Ruddy has been ruled out of Euro 2012 after breaking his finger in training.

The Norwich player, 25, was making his first appearance in the national squad after being named in the 23 for Poland and Ukraine by new manager Roy Hodgson.

Manchester City's Joe Hart is England's first-choice keeper with West Ham United's Robert Green his deputy.

Birmingham City's 19-year-old shot-stopper Jack Butland has been called into the squad as Ruddy's replacement.

Butland's quality. I've got a season ticket at Cheltenham and he's ready for a chance. Can't believe that he hasn't had a shot at Birmingham ahead of Myhill and Doyle, considering he's rated higher than Steele (Boro's #1) and Amos (United's #3) for the Under-21's.

Great experience for the kid and, as he's unlikely to see any action, a no risk selection I'd have thought.