• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GK - Hart, Ruddy, Green

Def - Terry, Jagielka, Cole, Jones, Baines, Johnson, Lescott, Cahill

Mid - Gerrard, Lampard, Young, Barry, Parker, Walcott, Milner, Lennon

For - Rooney, Welbeck, Carroll, Defoe

I thought this was thee actual squad! Sturridge has to be there; anyone who saw him at Ibrox would agree the guy is some player.

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Man City), Rob Green (West Ham), John Ruddy (Norwich)

Defenders: Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Man United), John Terry (Chelsea), Joleon Lescott (Man City), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton)

Midfielders: Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Gareth Barry (Man City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Scott Parker (Tottenham), Ashley Young (Man United), James Milner (Man City)

Forwards: Wayne Rooney (Man United), Danny Welbeck (Man United), Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham)

Birmingham keeper Jack Butland is among the list of five standby players, which also includes Manchester City winger Adam Johnson, Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge, Everton defender Phil Jagielka and Liverpool midfielder JordanHenderson.

For me that says it all about England when Andy Carroll is in instead of Daniel Sturridge.

Indeed, 1 and a half above average displays out of a whole season seems to be enough to get you in the squad…Then you have Defoe who has played the least amount of football out of 90% of strikers going to the Euros.

Indeed, 1 and a half above average displays out of a whole season seems to be enough to get you in the squad…Then you have Defoe who has played the least amount of football out of 90% of strikers going to the Euros.

Unbelievable. Daniel Sturridge's problem is that he is English; a proper footballer of the highest order.

The squad is laughable, Defoe is a surprise but he deserves to be in there, he's scored 17 goals this season and hardly played! Carroll shouldn't be in there, hes had 120 minutes of good football this season compared to Crouch and Holt who have double figures at least for the season! Merson on SSN has just summed up that pick - "Carroll has had a good month, but the season started in August".

If anyone can explain how Stuart Downing manages to get in that squad then please go ahead, he's awful, £20 million down the drain.

Players picked on reputation rather than form, what a shambles.

I seem to be the only one here who thinks caroll will come good!!! i would have him in the squad. Not convinced about wither wellbeck just yet but would have taken him over sturridge.

I cant see any use for stewart downing, he is such a bland player and has been a flop for liverpool this season!!

Pleased for John Ruddy, he's had a cracking season with Norwich. Would've had Richards in for G.Johnson (shame for Walker to miss through injury though), Lennon in for Walcott, A.Johnson in for Downing, and Holt in for Carroll. Would maybe also have had Crouch in for Gerrard. Not a fan of Sturridge though, too greedy in possession for my liking.

Not that any of that matters, because I'll be following the Germans and the Dutch.

Why is anyone surprised ? This is what England do and have being doing for years .

They pick players on reputation far before ability and form . The only good thing to come out of this is that I know 100% that they will win fuck all with that squad .

Not the best England squad there's ever been but with everyone expecting us to get humped instead of demanding we go and win it..... we might actually do something, if you know what i mean?

Dunno about Welbeck and Andy Carroll. I would have taken Crouch as the target man instead of Carroll and Darren Bent instead of Welbeck. (Bent will have just recovered from a bad injury but he's still a top player)

I like the Rooney and Defoe partnership, though. I rate both players very highly.

Quarter final and that will do. Anything else would be a bonus.