Fernando Ricksen Wall Panel - All 40 Bricks Now Installed.

govanblue

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

As things stand, we have orders for 27 Wall Panels (and a few replica panels). (tu)

These orders will generate a total income of £1,450 for Rangers Development Fund (tu)

In their own charity initiative, RDF will then donate £270 of that £1450 to MND Scotland (tu)

Update:

Our Jorg Albertz Paving Bricks were laid this morning. (tu)

I will PM the purchasers, and give them the panel-locator, which shows roughly where to find the Jorg Albertz Paving Area - it's in the corner of the Sandy Jardine Stand, nearest the Megastore.

This photo shows a section of it, newly laid today, which intentionally does NOT show any of our bricks. (or does it?)

Albertz_Bricks_zpsxlamhtj6.jpg

Will fernando be doing a photo like this once the bricks are up?

That's a good question. I'll mention it next time I'm in RDF as something to consider if they haven't already.

(The wall will take several months to complete, and obviously it would depend on how well Fernando is doing at the time.)

A pic of your brick with fernando standing next to it would be worth a donation to MND Scotland?

Signed replica bricks could be another way of raising some more funds?

Again both if fernando is well enough. Perhaps stonefield teddies would be able to help out with that?

That would be quite a gruelling photoshoot - there are 450 bricks - not to mention a stepladder! :( - But I get your point. :thumbup:

Certainly those brick-owners lucky enough to have their brick near the main panel might be interested in such a photo.

Some good ideas. Keep 'em coming! (tu)

If he had his back to the wall you could see a lot of the bricks around him?

Not everyone will buy a replica brick either.

Like i said just an idea

But that back to the wall photo would be used by RDF, therefore Public Domain.

But if a few bricks had been singled out in advance, he could point to each of them for a quick snap, which would be uniquely relevant to the buyer.

I initially thought the signed replica was a good, simple idea, but looking at some of the bricks I'm struggling to see the room for a signature.

But hey, we're getting ahead of ourselves. Let's get the bricks up first! :thumbup:

But if a few bricks had been singled out in advance, he could point to each of them for a quick snap, which would be uniquely relevant to the buyer.

I initially thought the signed replica was a good, simple idea, but looking at some of the bricks I'm struggling to see the room for a signature.

But hey, we're getting ahead of ourselves. Let's get the bricks up first! :thumbup:

Signed replica bricks and the wife could take her look and stick it where the sun don't shine.

A small sig would fit across a corner?

Attention Ricksen Brick Purchasers.

Thanks to our good friends at RDF, we have two pairs of tickets to give away for Friday Night's game v Hibs (Club Deck). :thumbup:

I will automatically enter all Ricksen Brick Purchasers into the draw. (one entry per brick, not counting replicas)

If you don't want to be entered into the draw (eg. if you can't use the tickets) then PM me.

We will also have another two pairs of tickets for the QOTS game (March 7th)

Nice one, can you please count me out of the march game because im back offshore or if my name gets drawn donate the tickets to a charity that can make use of them?

Cheers. I'll count you out of the March one, rather than donating any win to charity.

We talked about this last year when RDF gave us tickets, and we decided that since these came from a charity (RDF) in thanks for our support, it would be rude of us to give them away to another charity, so instead we ensure that a Fund member (or in this case brick-purchaser) benefits - we deserve a little treat now and then. (tu)

Cheers. I'll count you out of the March one, rather than donating any win to charity.

We talked about this last year when RDF gave us tickets, and we decided that since these came from a charity (RDF) in thanks for our support, it would be rude of us to give them away to another charity, so instead we ensure that a Fund member (or in this case brick-purchaser) benefits - we deserve a little treat now and then. (tu)

No probs

Nice one, can you please count me out of the march game because im back offshore or if my name gets drawn donate the tickets to a charity that can make use of them?

Well that strategy worked well for you!

Congratulations on winning a pair of tickets for Friday Night's game v Hibs. :21:

Congratulations also to thistleman who has won the other pair of Hibs tickets. :thumbup:

Yes, I know thistleman is always winning stuff in the raffles! - I don't believe in magic (except maybe in the case of NamibianBear :pipe: ), so I'm assuming it's simply because he buys more tickets than most people :D

Next up - two pairs of tickets for the March 7th game.

I've already PMed the winners, to see if they can use the tickets, but they haven't got back to me yet.

If either of them doesn't want the tickets, then I'll PM the next name drawn out of the hat (We always draw reserves names for that reason. (tu) )

We've already received more orders than I ever expected :thumbup: - so I'll be quite happy if we don't get any more brick orders from members.

But on the other hand, if any member has arrived late at the party, and wants in on this deal, we could squeeze a maximum of 3 more Bricks in to the order.

If you want one, PM me (or post here), but don't hang about. (tu)