*** The Official Rangers Ladies & Girls 2015 Thread

govanblue

Spartans 0 - 4 Rangers Ladies

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/ladies-and-girls/item/9053-ladies-spartans-0-4-rangers

"However, it was once again the captain who led by example when Natalie Ross got Rangers off to a flyer in the 8th minute. After some poor defending from Spartans, Ross raced through to go one-on-one with the goalkeeper; Rachel Harrison, and deftly slide the ball into the right hand corner to put Rangers 1-0 up. It was Ross’ second goal in as many games after grabbing the winner against Hutchinson Vale two weeks ago."

"It was Rangers’ third victory in the first three games of the season. Scoring nine and conceding none along the way. Rangers sit 2nd in the SWPL only a goal behind leaders Hibernian."

• 2 weeks later...

natalieross.jpg

SPONSORED BY

rangersmedia.jpg

Rangers Ladies Midfielder Natalie Ross wins Player of the Month for March 2015: http://www.womenspremierleague.co.uk/player-of-the-month/

Huge congratulations to club captain Natalie Ross on her player of the month award! Hopefully the first of many for our team!

CDMNY4gXIAAqwUT.jpg

Rangers Natalie Ross has been voted by her peers as the Scottish Women’s Premier League Player of the Month for March. The ex-Arsenal starlet, 25, joined Rangers in 2013 and with numerous under 19 and A Squad caps under her belt, it is her aim to lead Rangers to the title in season 2015.

Ross who has scored in Rangers’ last two games was named captain for season 2015 by manager Kevin Murphy, “She covers every blade of grass, a captain not by shouting at her players but more so by her actions”.

He was thrilled with Ross winning the first POTM in season 2015 “I am absolutely delighted for Nats as she thoroughly deserves this accolade. To be voted by your peers proves how well she has performed thus far and how key a player she is for the club. Her energy and enthusiasm for the game and will to win inspires others around her to perform.”

Natalie commented on the award “I would like to thank my team mates as I am lucky to play in such a talented squad; they do nothing but help my performance week after week.”

Halbert (Rachel) the gk is a member on here.

Brand new so she is and her family being big bluenoses are over the moon that she's tge clubs no1 female gk.

No goals conceded in the league so far, so keep up the good work Rachel! (tu)

Rangers Ladies are at home to Aberdeen on Sunday - and I've got some free tickets if anybody wants them. (tu)

Rangers Ladies are in League Action v Aberdeen today.

2pm Petershill Park (Springburn)

I've got free tickets if you fancy heading along - just PM me.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/ladies-and-girls/item/9135-dons-will-be-tough-test

RANGERS Ladies welcome Aberdeen to Petershill Park this Sunday in what could prove their toughest test of the season so far, according to Head Coach Kevin Murphy.

While confidence is high within the Gers camp, Murphy is adamant that Aberdeen will not be an easy opponent.

He said: “You don’t win 4-0 away from home one week and then get nervous the next week. We go into every game knowing we can win.

“However, I cannot stress enough how difficult Aberdeen are as an opponent. They have always been a tough cookie to crack and in recent seasons they’ve been great.

“We are fully aware of the task at hand and the difficulties Aberdeen can pose. But we’re well prepared to stand up to the challenge.”

After a terrific result last time out against Spartans, the Blue Belles have every right to be confident. And Murphy insists that training went well this week in preparation for the Dons’ visit on Sunday.

“It can be dangerous after winning away, coming back home people expect you to win. So you have to be confident in what you are doing, not arrogant. And I think that’s exactly what we are – confident.

“Training was great this week. It was high intensity and there was a lot of short, sharp things that we worked on. It was good in terms of fitness and speed. We are working on getting a good tempo, not for one half or an hour, but for the full game.

“I’m very happy with how things have went. We’re obviously going to try and build on the good result from last week and try and carry on the good run of form we’re in.”

Bring a bit of the Ibrox roar to Petershill Park this Sunday and cheer on Rangers Ladies against Aberdeen. Kick-off is 2pm and tickets are priced at £4 adults and £2 concessions. Kids under the age of 16 go FREE with a paying adult

Losing to the sheep at any level is indeed. :(:(

Made worse by Hibs winning, and going clear at the top, and Glasgow City beating Inverness 12-0, suggestin that it's only games in hand keeping them off their usual place at the top.

Aye, this season will be tough - but luckily, the Ladies play good, entertaining football, so going to watch them is not as tortuous as it is for the Men's games. (tu)

Today's Result:

Inverness 0 - 6 Rangers Ladies

:21:

League Table:

Glasgow City p4, pts 12

Hibernian p4, pts 12

c*ltic p4, pts 9

Rangers p4, pts 9

Aberdeen p4, pts 9

That shock defeat to Aberdeen last week sees us sitting in 4th place behind c*ltic on goal difference.

But next up is Rangers Ladies at home to c*ltic.

So a win against them, then a win away against Hibs the following week, should see the Ladies back pushing Glasgow City for the top spot. (tu)

By the way, if you fancy some decent entertainment for a change, we have some Free Tickets for the Rangers Ladies v c*ltic game (Sun 17th May) for any Fund Member (and their friends and family) who fancy it. Just PM me. (tu)

CEE-mPvWoAAgaY8.jpg

GB I apologise

:lol: No worries.

Your estimate of nobody was pretty close, but not 100% accurate. :P

There are 5 or 6 RM members (though not regular posters) who do attend the Ladies games. One of them even PMed me recently, desperately trying to get hold of a programme for a game he'd missed. :lol:

There are also one or two Sponsors' Fund Members who like to hear that at least some of our hard-earned sponsorship money is reaping rewards.

There are also one or two Members like myself, who, in these heavy times, are grateful to hear any good news at all with the word Rangers in it.

But even if there weren't, you're still stuck with this thread, because it's a running record of their results, so if they play a game, I have to post. :P

Oh and I know nobody cares, but Rangers are still making history...

http://www.youthfootballscotland.co.uk/west-region/item/17698

New ground was broken on the 19th April when Rangers Girls 2003s played a friendly against Giffnock SC. The girls played their first 11-a-side game against all-boy opposition that day. A week later, they recorded their first win at 11-a-sides, again versus a boys team. What is special about Rangers Girls is that they plan to do just that for all of next season in the all-boys PJDYFL.

The side, who already have done so for a season at 7-a-side level, are thought to be the first girls team in the country to participate in an all-boys 11-a-side league setup.

CEBF0oxWYAAkPAR.jpg

I'm not sure exactly which, but I think we sponsor one of those girls too. (tu)

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a good day for the Ladies too. (tu)

Rangers Ladies 2 - 1 c*ltic

CFNQ1isWMAEVFuR.jpg

CFNWlURWAAEnvRe.jpg

CFNbxQNWAAAebda.jpg

And with Hibs and Glasgow City drawing today, that brings The Ladies right back into the fight, still in 3rd place, but only a point behind Hibs and Glasgow City.

Next up - Hibs. (tu)