460 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we'll get promoted?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

we've no got the best squad, that's complete and utter pish, what we have is the most experianced squad but younger, faster, fitter players who are far more comfortable playing a modern game have out manovoured us all season.

that kind of nonsense is whats got us in this position.

McCall is the real deal but he can't make a silk purse out of a donkeys arse of a squad

He did today.........

I chose no as I don't think we should get to carried away with 1 result, I hope the result is the result of McCall getting in that dressing room and laying the law and some home truths to the players, If McCalls attitude to management is the same as it was on the pitch during the nine in a row years then some players in that dressing room are in for a shock.

IMHO we can get past the play-offs against the teams in our league but even the second worse team in the SPFL will be to much for us.

I've been screaming for months that we needed to play three in the middle with two defensive midfielders and one more advanced guy as we were being caught flat in the middle.

McCall did this today and used two wingbacks and it worked really well.

Of course, I was also calling for McCall to be made interim manager ages ago but the old board didn't care about what was happening.

I just wish we'd get a couple of free agents in to bolster the team...

I still think we can go up. The main problem is still Hibs and probably not the Premiership team that could await us in the final of the playoffs. We played Hibs off the park today and I think a huge number of the fans knew that by changing the dated and vulnerable 4-4-2 that Ally and McDowell persisted with, the team would be capable of far more. A flat 4-4-2 doesn't really work at any level of quality nowadays. Hibs ripped us apart with their diamond formation three times already and we had only won a cup game in reply. We used a triangular three in the middle and had the two wing backs and this basically cut the point from their diamond and gave us an attacking impetus.

The previous managers didn't have the ability to alter the tactics when needed but I think McCall is capable of doing on the fly alterations and this is what is needed.

Up until today, my main worry about the playoffs was playing hibs, and not the game against the top flight team. We have beaten three top flight teams already this season.

Watching the game today has eased my worries a bit about not going up.

If we can win the next two or three games well, then My confidence in going up will have returned.

In responce to the comment that Hearts are full of nobodies, kids and cast offs unless im missing something they have won the league with seven games to spare and are sitting 26 points clear of a so called Rangers team full of winners,captains and internationals.It was a good win for the gers against Hibs but lets not get carried away there is still a long way to go and whether this squad along with the management have the guts and skill to get us up is still open to debate only time will tell.

Nonsense, with respect. The Hearts team are nobodies, kids and cast offs. Our squad is made up of winners, captains, leaders and internationals. We have by far got the best squad in the country. It's not even up for debate.

with respect - something you show very little of with your reply, "kids and nobodies"...Bauban and Gomi & Pallardo are the nobodies in your opinion, in mine they are and always have been head and shoulders above the likes of Ian Black, Nicky Law and any other player we've used masquerading as a central midfielder - as for the Kids, these are the kids who despite having -15 points at the start of last season played week in week out, they gained experience, they got comfortable and when they dropped a level they showed not only what they learned last year but how tough they became, we underestimated them as a club, players fans and management and for you to say this off the back of one result against Hibs shows you've learned absolutely nothing from this utter fiasco.

"Winners, leaders and Internationals"

Who exactly? Kenny Miller, Lee McCulloch and Kris Boyd perhaps, maybe in 2010 they were all of those things but this is 2015 and unlike wine, they don't get better with age, it catches up with them and they aren't up to it on a week to week basis

Still can't fathom the whole "cast-off" statement you used to describe Hearts players, 6 of that starting 11 we had yeaterday have been career cast offs, Mohsni, Zaliuka, McGregor, Sheils, Law, Miller and you could easily call Bell, Murdoch (great prospect) and Clarke nobodies

Sorry, but with due respect, the only thing that isn't up for debate is your blasè attitude towards this league and I hope Stuart McCall is instilling a completely different mentality to the one you hold

No.

We have increased our chances but I fear it is too late.

I dont think the team will achieve consistent results.

It hurts seeing us elated at being able to beat Hibs, tho I know the reason for it.

I hope I'm wrong and we do go up, buy decent players and challenge well next season in the premiership. It will be a long road back but we can still save a year now.

Difficult to say, Hibs, over the course of the games we've played them, have run out convincing winners, we played well yesterday, a great effort from the players and McCall, I hope for McCall and our sakes he's come in with enough time to turn it around, yesterday was positive, but until we win and perform consistently, Hibs will be favourites imo.

I've seen improvement, even in the Livi and Alloa games, to say that we're moving in the right direction (tu)

no.

aye we played well yesterday but doesn't make me think we WILL get promoted. it makes me think we CAN get promoted.

these players obviously have what it takes but it's just a matter of will they put on a good performance for all remaining games?? i'm not sure. hopefully mccall can keep them going.

i'm just the kind of person to expect the least/worst. that way i don't get disappointed. i'd fucking love if we went up of course but just not getting hopes high.

I have more hope today than I did yesterday. They need to keep up that level of performance for the remaining games, that was an outstanding result yesterday and one I never ever thought we were capable of. I'm glad they proved me wrong (tu)

I have more hope today than I did yesterday. They need to keep up that level of performance for the remaining games, that was an outstanding result yesterday and one I never ever thought we were capable of. I'm glad they proved me wrong (tu)

Most important part is they proved to themselves they can do it. We need them.to now kick on

As shown in England play offs tend to go to the teams with momentum, this must be the springboard for the rest of the season. We must start by taking at lest 3 from cowdenbeath

England's play-offs don't involved a team from the Division above, although playing someone like Motherwell really shouldn't be that different from playing Hibs you'd think

Yesterdays shown us that it is possible. We'll have to beat Hibs over 2 legs, then a premier league club.

Its not impossible, and we definetely have the players to do so. But for a team that looks unable to string 2 wins together, it'll be no mean feat.

Lets just hope yesterday was a turning point.