Let's Fill The Place On Saturday

Thermopylae

I was a bit surprised when the official attendance was given at just over 32500. From where I was sat it didn't feel like as much as that and looking again at the game on RTV today there were a lot of empty spaces. But those that do the counting are doubtless good at counting so just over 32500 it is.

A few seasons ago - when a lot of the football was still poor - we were setting attendances routinely at over 40000

Remember they count season tickets in the numbers reported. In times gone past we could still report over 40k attendances due to the strength of 35k+ season books, something we can't do now with only 23k.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Couple of the boys in my work seem to think we'll be getting something close to a sell out on Sunday. Personally I can't see it being more than 38k.

Sales are actually looking pretty positive so far going by the website. I think we can get above 40k for this one.

I can barely remember what the crowd looked like the whole thing was so bizarre, from the snow to all the chaos outside.

I was fucking blazing before it and I only had about 6 pints in the Wee Rangers Club. As soon as that cold air hit me outside I was gone!

I can barely remember what the crowd looked like the whole thing was so bizarre, from the snow to all the chaos outside.

I seem to remember seeing about 36,000, I'm sure I read it in a report so not sure it was given as an official crowd by Rangers.