How Did Templeton Play On Saturday?

A six out of ten for me, that's not good enough against Cowdenbeath. So sadly This may be his last year.

One trick pony with no pace, any decent defender has him sussed, he has to cut in.

His lack of pace leaves Wallace exposed when overlapping, as Temps can't get back to cover.

To be fair, he has produced some nice goals when cutting in and shooting, just not often enough at this level.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought he was great, and it was great to see him finally get a start and have time to influence the game, he's severly lacking game time but what I saw was some fantastic wing play at times, even at his worst, when things aren't dropping for him, or the full back is tight on him playing well, Temps will always try things, they might not come off but quite frankly, who cares, plenty did come off for him yesterday, and you can see Wallace links well with a wide man like Temps, or Walsh tbf.

Fantastic to see, within the first 15 minutes they had two bookings for fouls on Temps did they not? The wee man draws players, creates space, makes things happen, who cares if he's inconsistent, when he consistently stretches teams and creates space for others. It takes courage to get on the ball and try these things, I applaud him for it and I'm delighted for the wee man, which, we've quite frankly fucked over for the last three years, Smith, Aird, Perlata and to an extent Macleod were all ahead of him in the pecking order when none of them should have been near those positions, Macleod played well from left but should have played centrally IMO.

A six out of ten for me, that's not good enough against Cowdenbeath. So sadly This may be his last year.

One trick pony with no pace, any decent defender has him sussed, he has to cut in.

His lack of pace leaves Wallace exposed when overlapping, as Temps can't get back to cover.

To be fair, he has produced some nice goals when cutting in and shooting, just not often enough at this level.

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with your assesment, temps shuffled back plenty of times to cover for Wallace, albeit it wasn't during a cowden break, but when Wallace went, Temps would cover the space well. Plus he's an attacking winger, the last thing we want is Temps making challenges on our own box, he needs to enjoy his football to perform.

Albeit, give him a 6/10 if you want, but he was the bravest on the ball yesterday, bar Moshni, sometimes it doesn't come off for them, but when you take the ball in, drive at teams, want to play the ball in dangerous ares and commit teams, it won't always come off, and quite frankly, who cares, that's what we as fans want to see and that's what Mckay did in the third, Walsh does, Temps does and Moshni does from deep to an extent, all try to get at teams and make things happen. Don't mark players down for trying things (tu)

Unbelievable the amount of folk who say he played well , the guy is constantly garbage and that was against the mighty Cowdenbeath .

Some on here are desperately hoping things will change for this guy, it won't . If we can find another mug to pay for him get him punted .

Unbelievable the amount of folk who say he played well , the guy is constantly garbage and that was against the mighty Cowdenbeath .

Some on here are desperately hoping things will change for this guy, it won't . If we can find another mug to pay for him get him punted .

:lol:

You must hate watching attacking football. That Hazard, when it doesn't come off for him he's a useless, inconsistent cunt, Ribery, Robben, Ronaldo, Bale, useless cunts, inconsistent to fuck the lot of them. Show me a winger, anywhere in the world, that puts in 10/10 performances every week, in fact, show me any player in the world, anywhere, who is consistent and I'll show you a bang average player in all liklihood.

Really, just enjoy watching him mate, never mind when he plays a slack ball, tries to skin too many players, he's making things happen and when he's on his game, he's more than capable of changing games.

:lol:

You must hate watching attacking football. That Hazard, when it doesn't come off for him he's a useless, inconsistent cunt, Ribery, Robben, Ronaldo, Bale, useless cunts, inconsistent to fuck the lot of them. Show me a winger, anywhere in the world, that puts in 10/10 performances every week, in fact, show me any player in the world, anywhere, who is consistent and I'll show you a bang average player in all liklihood.

Really, just enjoy watching him mate, never mind when he plays a slack ball, tries to skin too many players, he's making things happen and when he's on his game, he's more than capable of changing games.

Thank god you have no say on the team , the only thing consistent with this guy is that he's garbage 95% of the time he gets on the park.

All the names you mention can have a bad game not a bad year.

This donkey was a sub most games when he played for Hearts , theres a reason for it , he was consistently bad for them to .

He should never have been signed and hopefully we can find a mug to take him off our hands .

Thank god you have no say on the team , the only thing consistent with this guy is that he's garbage 95% of the time he gets on the park.

All the names you mention can have a bad game not a bad year.

This donkey was a sub most games when he played for Hearts , theres a reason for it , he was consistently bad for them to .

He should never have been signed and hopefully we can find a mug to take him off our hands .

None of those players have had a god awful management team hampering their progress though, he's obvioulsy not in the same class, not even a class or two below them, but he's far and away the closest we have. A bad year, how many gams did he start and how many minutes did he get?

There may be better wingers out there, but on his day he's a match for all of them. We'll agree to disagree (tu)

None of those players have had a god awful management team hampering their progress though, he's obvioulsy not in the same class, not even a class or two below them, but he's far and away the closest we have. A bad year, how many gams did he start and how many minutes did he get?

There may be better wingers out there, but on his day he's a match for all of them. We'll agree to disagree (tu)

Priceless , so its everybody else's fault he's crap ?

On his day he's a match for any of them !

Have you been watching the same guy as me ?

You are spot on with one thing , we'll agree to disagree..........

Priceless , so its everybody else's fault he's crap ?

On his day he's a match for any of them !

Have you been watching the same guy as me ?

You are spot on with one thing , we'll agree to disagree..........

I've watched the same player as you - the player that gets dropped from the team, despite not playing any worse than Aird, Black, Law, Boyd, Foster etc, who were regulars up until recently, he didn't even make the bench ahead of Stevie Smith, when he did get a chance, he was poor, either down to his own mistakes, or because he was thrown into a game we were chasing, having punted long balls all game, we then ask him to go and influence it? He's never been played the way he should since the 3rd, Saturday was hopefully the start of a proper run.

He isn't crap, he may have bad games, but even in those bad games, he contributes in more ways than a couple of slack passes or mistakes. Teams consistently double up on him, allowing Wallace the freedom to overlap. His willingness to get on the ball has been lacking from a rangers midield for a while, he wants to dictae play and I'd rather have a player showing and trying than one hiding and not trying to get at teams.

You may not think he's the best option, I do, thats were we agree to disagree, but to say he's crap or not worth the money is insulting to him IMO, especially when he's out of game time, and as much as I despise Ally the gaffer, he's picked up two cracking wingers in his time with Aluko and Templeton.

Does soemone losing the abll or getting caught in possession in the final third really annoy you that nuch that you'd rather a player who didn't try to break teams down? Because thats the alternative.

Saw a different game clearly. He was poor. Decent passes to him ran out of play. He continually took wrong option and ran into players rather than space. Some good balls into box but some howlers too.

Dont think he gave up or shied away from looking for ball. Just think it really didn't happen for him.

Imo he was our worst performer out of our starting 11 after Moshni.

Wit? He was the best player on the pitch for most of the game, and I've been the guys biggest critic the last three years!

Can't believe the amount of people having a go at him on this, he's been a terrible signing overall, but on saturday he got the ball and took players on, did it work for him all the time? No he got tackled a few times, won a few fouls but most of the time he was our most dangerous player in attack along with wallace and vuckic when he came on.

Some people letting their opinions of him the last three years, rather than what he did on Saturday.

I thought he played well on Saturday - a wee bit rusty, but understandable given he's not played much. I think there's a decent player there if he gets game time - my only criticism of him on Saturday was he always cuts inside, and a few times he did it the space was out wide and it would have been better to go down the line, but other than that I thought he did well.

Very poor. Struggled to make 5 yard passes. You can it's good to have someone take on defence but it does help if he gets past them once or twice, also has a tendency to just keep his head down probably why he couldn't pass it. Crossing was non-existent.

He definitely got bums off seats. Took players on and drew a lot of fouls. Thought his final product could have been a little better though.

Still think he deserves to start against Hearts as he gives us something a little bit different.

That's his problem, he doesn't have a final product.

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with your assesment, temps shuffled back plenty of times to cover for Wallace, albeit it wasn't during a cowden break, but when Wallace went, Temps would cover the space well. Plus he's an attacking winger, the last thing we want is Temps making challenges on our own box, he needs to enjoy his football to perform.

Albeit, give him a 6/10 if you want, but he was the bravest on the ball yesterday, bar Moshni, sometimes it doesn't come off for them, but when you take the ball in, drive at teams, want to play the ball in dangerous ares and commit teams, it won't always come off, and quite frankly, who cares, that's what we as fans want to see and that's what Mckay did in the third, Walsh does, Temps does and Moshni does from deep to an extent, all try to get at teams and make things happen. Don't mark players down for trying things (tu)

Good to see a calm reasoned argument, however I'll stand by both my score and rationale. I've had a birds eye view of his performance over the years from my perch 13 rows back,and by and large he has been a let down IMO.

The major giveaway was the fact that we were playing, what I consider to be the worst team in the league, and he should have been ripping them a new one if he is to be a premier player.

I would keep him a sub when trying to unlock tight defences, as he does have good close control.

At the end of the day it's all about opinions, and when the team is getting picked mines doesn't matter.