Kyle Lafferty

JamieG87

I wish we would stop linking ourselves with former players. Let's move on. Lafferty was good in 10% of the games he played for us. I want someone who gives their all in every game. We can't moan about not having a scouting set-up then keep throwing up the same old faces.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did ok when he had a wee spell up front last season we won the league. Still most of my memories are of a very technically inept player, being played out of position, occasionally falling over himself running up the wing.

The boys who left for free are ruthless arseholes no doubt ( but mind we got a fee for Davis!)- but a think of the Kenny Miller case, no many wanted him back, he scored a couple at the Piggery then a lot accepted him (I was one).

Mind it's a short career, footballers don't have much life experience and as a result are heavily influenced by their agents, who are professional sales men and expert influencers.

Naismith, Davis and to a lesser extent Lafferty as a striker would improve what we have, and they wouldn't steal a wage.

It's just your gig to criticise? I gave you my opinion, i was only asking for yours. Who do you think would be a better more suitable realistic signing?

Of course not. Hopefully we do. We must.

Kyle Lafferty was at the club during our 3IAR under Walter Smith, he won numerous medals and scored some big goals. Yes he was a clown, yes he was stupid off the park too but he at least he has proven he can play at our club and contribute, to an extent. Money of course is an issue though i would imagine he has made himself a very rich man since moving to and leaving Rangers previously. As a free transfer, i think it's a no brainer.

We don't have a vast database of worldwide players, we don't have a scouting network, we don't have very much to go on. For our next squad i don't think we can be too ambitious or too choosy. We need bodies who will come in and hit the ground running. Bodies who are better than what we have. Kyle fits that bill, for me.

This. Would be hard to find player like him in this day where epl is paying money for everyone. We need Rangers men.

We don't have a vast database of worldwide players, we don't have a scouting network, we don't have very much to go on. For our next squad i don't think we can be too ambitious or too choosy. We need bodies who will come in and hit the ground running. Bodies who are better than what we have. Kyle fits that bill, for me.

and how do you know he'll hit the ground running, he'll still likely command a decent wage lets not kid ourselves

his record the first time at rangers was 138 appearances, 38 goals, that was in teams littered with guys like davis, naismith, jelavic, mendes, aluko amongst other top level players that we signed

worse than a 1 in 3 record isnt someone we want to take back to the club in the situation we are in, the current spfl top goalscorer chart has the first 7 players all outwith celtic and all in teams we should be able to out muscle financially even in this current state, surely they are worth a punt before someone who will command twice as much and has questionable professionalism at best

and how do you know he'll hit the ground running, he'll still likely command a decent wage lets not kid ourselves

his record the first time at rangers was 138 appearances, 38 goals, that was in teams littered with guys like davis, naismith, jelavic, mendes, aluko amongst other top level players that we signed

worse than a 1 in 3 record isnt someone we want to take back to the club in the situation we are in, the current spfl top goalscorer chart has the first 7 players all outwith celtic and all in teams we should be able to out muscle financially even in this current state, surely they are worth a punt before someone who will command twice as much and has questionable professionalism at best

Walter used to play him left wing. He is a striker. So 1 in 3 is not bad for a striker out of position

He's fit, he has been here before and he is on fire for Northern Ireland under O'Neill and after hearing him speak last week he sounds hungry to make ammends here. I believe he would walk into our team and improve it. Depends what a decent wage is. Could be anything.

A decent return, better than i thought it was in fact. And from playing out wide so often too and many substitute appearances as well.

We tried signing players with good scoring records, Sandaza, Clark and Boyd, it hasn't worked out at all.

I am having a look at that list and the only 2 to stick out are Rooney and Ciftci. I doubt we could afford either to be honest and even then, if we could i would expect us to do better for the money their clubs would demand. I am actually more drawn to the Development League and it's top scorers, Shankland and Brophy 2 cracking prospects who i have heard a little about and both outscoring our own Ryan Hardie by quite a few too.

I understand the hesitation regarding Lafferty, i just don't believe we have the infrastructure or finances to do better than Kyle.

It going be long summer . It crazy to think people want him back . I was called a retard by fellow Rangers fan because i did not laffery back . He only played good in last six games of season . Rest of season he either running like a headless chicken or straight into defenders . He was also always costing trouble one and of the pitch. I can not see mccall putting up with his shit .

why do you think walter played him out of position?

Cos we never had a left winger and it's a common history of us doing that....Lovenkrands, Arveladze..more recently Andy Little in 3rd division. When Kyle went up top he scored. See Killie 7 minutes game. Watch his goals for NI this campaign. He is on top form.

so why else would you have him back, even gogzy thinks lafferty is fucking gash and trust me when i say gogzy's knowledge of football can be painted on the back of a bookies slip with a paint roller

:lol: why you gotta bring me into this?

Also, fuck you.

It going be long summer . It crazy to think people want him back . I was called a retard by fellow Rangers fan because i did not laffery back . He only played good in last six games of season . Rest of season he either running like a headless chicken or straight into defenders . He was also always costing trouble one and of the pitch. I can not see mccall putting up with his shit .

I think some people genuinely only remember his purple patch of turning up for the last 5 games of the season. They seem to forget how unequivocally mince he was for the vast majority of the rest of it.

That's when he wasn't injured for 3 weeks after diving about a swimming pool or fucking about like an arsehole leaving the team bus.