Star Vuckic Reveals Remaining At Ibrox Is "a Great Option"

Bothwellbear

Rangers loan star Vuckic reveals remaining at Ibrox is "a great option"

FREESCORING Rangers loan star Haris Vuckic today revealed he will consider extending his stay at Ibrox beyond the end of this season.

Vuckic came off the bench against Cowdenbeath on Saturday and scored two goals to help the Gers secure a vital 4-1 win.

That late brace took the Slovenian international midfielder's tally during his short spell in Glasgow this year to five.

The 22-year-old is determined to return to Newcastle United and win a place in the St. James's Park club's first team next season.

However, the player, who has become a firm fans' favourite during his time in Scotland, admitted returning to the Light Blues is "a great option".

Vuckic said: "For me now I am focused on the Rangers. I want to do well for the last seven games we have. Then we will see where we stand.

"I will see what Newcastle want as well and then I will decide what we are going to do. I have to consider all my options and what is the best for me.

"But this is a great time for me at the Rangers. I am really enjoying it. It would be a great option to extend the loan. We will see what Newcastle say."

The deal to take the five Newcastle players to Rangers on loan has been shrouded with controversy since it was agreed last month.

Former Gers boss Kenny McDowall revealed that he learned of the agreement while he was watching Sky Sports News on television.

And last week Light Blues interim chairman Paul Murray told how the Ibrox club was paying for the quintet - who did not undergo medicals before signing.

It has also emerged that Gael Bigirimana, who has not featured, had contracted a medical condition before arriving in Glasgow.

But Vuckic has been a huge success - and was given a warm reception from Rangers fans when he came on in their SPFL Championship game at the weekend.

The one-time AC Milan target had been struggling with an injury - but he has featured as a replacement in the games against Hibs and Cowdenbeath.

He said: "It means a lot when I have fans behind me. That gives me confidence and makes me think that I am doing very well here.

"With that support behind me, every chance I get I am going to do my maximum and try to make fans happy.

"Of course, my team needs to win the game. If teams win the game then fans are going to be on our side. That is what I try to do.

"We have another seven games this season - and we must do well in every one of them starting with the game against Hearts at home on Sunday.

"With the fans getting behind us after the last two matches, I think it will help our chances of doing well and getting the result we want and the fans want as well.

"I know that it makes me feel good when they are behind me and makes me want to do well for the team when I am playing."

If we get rid of Boyd, Miller, and Daly in the summer I don't see why we couldn't afford Vuckic's wages.

Nicky Clark and Vuckic would give us a young, dynamic and talented strike duo. I'd be more than happy with that for next season.

If we get rid of Boyd, Miller, and Daly in the summer I don't see why we couldn't afford Vuckic's wages.

How much could he be on? He signed for newcastle when he was 18 and has mostly played reserves. Surely he is on no more that 5-10 grand?

Actons speak louder than words, I'm sure Vlad said something similar....

Would be delighted for him and us if he did come up, but could we afford the fee and wages? Unlikely depending on what Newcastle are after, like the big man though, hope he enjoys his time here and geniunely wants to come back, same with Bigi.

Like I was saying a while ago, he's really enjoying his time here and was looking to stay here beyond the initial loan period. However, it all depends on MA and perhaps the Newcastle manager it's not really up to him. I have no doubt he'll try and make it happen though.

Watched him when he came on Saturday and he did make a great difference.Would be great if we could keep him especially if he keeps up the displays that he has so far.Money and whether he would genuinely like to stay could be issues but surely when we offload some of the players at the end of the season this would free up money for wages.

At 22 he doesn't look to me as if he is Newcastle's plans. I also don't think he has the pace required to play at EPL level. Yes he is talented and an intelligent player but not at the level he wants to play at.

I also think he is too good for us in our present state and a championship side will probably offer him silly money that we cannot compete with sadly.

He has one year left on his Newcastle contract. If Newcastle see him as a first team squad member for next season then it will be a contract extension at EPL mega wages.

Only if Newcastle don't fancy him do we have a chance.

Can't think of any reason why he cannot play in the play-offs.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/extended-spfl-season-would-wreak-havoc-on-player-contracts.120381385

Seems if the spfl extend play off finals into June he may not be able to play :anguish:

Edit they can only extend season should hivs make sc final and play off final, 30th and 31st May.

Never gonna happen.