OzGers

What do we all think of murrays statement that he has a 7 year vision to get us back to top of Spfl and in Europe?

Is 7 years reasonable or should we expect, or been led to believe, the success would come much sooner?

Personally, I don't see any reason for us not competing for spfl within 2 years, and realistically aiming to win it within 3

Too optimistic?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if we can scrape up this year I really think that we should be expecting to finish top next season and challenge season 2016/2017 the standard of football in that league is awful, Not as awful as what we have watched but I see us as having turned a corner now

Crazy. 7 years? This is Scottish football we're talking about. A wee bit of money... 4-5 players and we win the title within 2 years. As for Europe... Qualify for the CL... possibly get out of the group and I'd be happy. Point is to be competitive enough. No way we're ever going to win it anyway.

when did he say 7year

From interim results:

The vision I mentioned earlier is to focus on the next seven years so that by 2022, the Club's 150th anniversary and the 50th anniversary of Barcelona we, Rangers, will be back at the very top.

From interim results:

The vision I mentioned earlier is to focus on the next seven years so that by 2022, the Club's 150th anniversary and the 50th anniversary of Barcelona we, Rangers, will be back at the very top.

it wont take 7 the season after next we will win the league

I find it strange how it could take 7 years to compete when King is going to invest £30million? Thats enough to finish 1st or 2nd for the next 7 years.

Unless he isnt putting £30million in

I find it strange how it could take 7 years to compete when King is going to invest £30million? Thats enough to finish 1st or 2nd for the next 7 years.

Unless he isnt putting £30million in

Bingo.

Only the brainwashed would think he was going to invest that sort of money.

It's Dave King ffs.

Sorry lads, I misinterpreted.

He also said:

This means that over the next few years the finance we are putting in place now will provide the infrastructure and personnel at Murray Park to make sure Rangers are competing and winning in Scotland's top flight as well as stepping back into the European arenas again.

Then for the three or four years after that all our efforts will be directed towards making Rangers stronger and European regulars as our 150th year approaches. That year should be one of celebration.

This sounds reasonable.

I think he said he wants us to be 'comfortably' at that level by then, which I think is reasonable. We'll be back in the top flight either this season or next, and from then it will take a few years to gain competitiveness.

Juventus were relegated only one tier, kept a lot of their top players, and it still took them four years to win Serie A after returning. When you consider we were relegated three tiers, lost pretty much our entire first team and have been victims of what I'll be amazed if it wasn't some kind of corporate embezzlement, I think it's ok to expect us to take a little bit longer.

I would predict it will be two or three seasons back in the top flight before we can start seriously pushing Celtic regularly.

Are you actually comparing winning Serie A to winning the SPL??

They only had to get past AC Milan, Inter, Napoli, Roma, Lazio etc etc.

We only need to beat Celtic. We should be challenging for the title as soon as we go back to the Premiership. Maybe not win it right away bit at the very least giving a good fight.

Aberdeen will finish 2nd in the top-tier this season and they're about 5pts behind Celtic right now. We can be every bit as good as Aberdeen next season. In fact, we could probably get away with signing some of their best players. Qualification for Europe in the first season and a realist title challenge wont be too far behind.

Although on the face of it Hearts look impressive winners of the league basically they won it on confidence. They were very fortunate to get the victory at Ibrox early on and they went on a roll from there, confidence is everything in football.

It all fell into place for Hearts, Hibs blew the start and we were always playing catch up whilst we found out the management team we had would not be competent enough to take us forward we spiralled to depths no one forseen. Hearts took full advantage of this and were on the crest of a wave as both these challengers didn't measure up.

At times ourselves and Hibs were the better side against them yet they ground out results and against us especially came out on top.

Hearts came up against el tarrier twice and that luck didnt seem to carry for them and they were firmly put in their place on both occasions which to me totally discredits any claim they have to be some sort of force.

We owe Hearts big time and i expect us to beat them on Sunday, as we move forward next season we will definitely finish above them.