OzGers

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread just sums up this place at times.

The OP makes a mistake and claims something that was incorrect in which he holds his hands up and states he was wrong and explains it.

No-one listens to the correction and instead this 'King doesnt expect us to win the SPFL for 7 years!' is now gospel.

No doubt this misquote will be kicked around on here for the next 6 months.

King spending money to take the Club isn't the same as King 'investing' in the Club.He has put nothing into RIFC/RFC,the shares are held by his Family's Trust.

He also bought them off a private company not Rangers.

This thread just sums up this place at times.

The OP makes a mistake and claims something that was incorrect in which he holds his hands up and states he was wrong and explains it.

No-one listens to the correction and instead this 'King doesnt expect us to win the SPFL for 7 years!' is now gospel.

No doubt this misquote will be kicked around on here for the next 6 months.

My bad! Can't say i Didn't try to clarify

Aberdeen turned themselves around in 2 seasons.

why should we be any different unless their not willing to speculate to accumulate with some of the stashed millions they have?

Although Aberdeen have nowhere near the fanbase we have - financially we are in a mess, and as far as I'm concerned DK hasn't exactly come good on his promise to pump millions into Rangers so far to sort the mess out. What's happening with his children's inheritance cash that they gave him the green light to invest in our club?? I think unless there is mega investment - 7 years is more realistic.

Although on the face of it Hearts look impressive winners of the league basically they won it on confidence. They were very fortunate to get the victory at Ibrox early on and they went on a roll from there, confidence is everything in football.

It all fell into place for Hearts, Hibs blew the start and we were always playing catch up whilst we found out the management team we had would not be competent enough to take us forward we spiralled to depths no one forseen. Hearts took full advantage of this and were on the crest of a wave as both these challengers didn't measure up.

At times ourselves and Hibs were the better side against them yet they ground out results and against us especially came out on top.

Hearts came up against el tarrier twice and that luck didnt seem to carry for them and they were firmly put in their place on both occasions which to me totally discredits any claim they have to be some sort of force.

We owe Hearts big time and i expect us to beat them on Sunday, as we move forward next season we will definitely finish above them.

I know where you're coming from, but I don't share your confidence in terms of beating them this Sunday - I don't understand what you're basing this prediction on? Like you say - it's all about confidence, and although a little bit of that has started to come back for me personally, I still think this Hearts team are better than we are. I would happily take a draw on Sunday. The frustrating thing about it is - even if we do beat them, they'll just be laughing at us telling us to get it right up us, and they've won the league!! I hate those smug Tynecastle tramps!!

'The simple truth is Rangers needs every fan to invest in the future' he also said this, which reinforces the belief that they want the fans to bail them out.

and what does he think we've been doing these last 3 years??? absolute phantom

Hearts could easily finish 2nd in the top-tier next season. It can be turned around in 1-2 years as long as the club approach it in the correct way on and off the park.

You really think the bheasts will slip to as low as third in one season with us winning the league ;)