Is Roger Federer Finished?

Muff

Loses again, this time to Ivo Karlovic in the Cincinnati Masters, 6-7, 6-4, 7-6.

C'mon Rafa, make the number 1 spot yours now!

Vamos Rafa :clap:

I seen that, Davydenko out as well so Myurry has a good chance of making the semi and final here, they were the only guys seeded higher than him and they are out today.

I think Federer has declined a bit but I reckon it is more to do with Nadal just improving so much over the past 2 years to close the gap.

Fed has lost his edge a bit. Still think he is not quite right from his illness, apparently it can still affect you for a year afterwards which would explain him losing that slight edge.

Expect him to come back strong next year.

This final is Murrays for the taking now, Nadal awaits

Moya, then probably Karlovic (or Kohlschreiber who has achieved very little in tennis) for a place in the final is about as good a chance as Murray will ever have to make the final of a Masters Series event. Hopefully he does it and we get a Murray - Nadal final.

Federer is still a wonderful player and he'll still win Grand Slams, but IMO he's now beyond his peak and we're seeing the very early stages of his decline. I think Nadal will gradually become more dominant over the next 18-24 months and he'll be top dog for the forseeable future.

He's still got plenty of Grand Slams in him yet. He may not seem as invincible as he once did but he is still a great player. I remember Andre Agassi went through a patch where he did nothing and people thought his career was done but then he came back and made quite a few finals very late in his career.

No way is Federer finished, he is still a great tennis player. He came second in both the French Open and Wimbledon!!

True his form may have been dipping in and out but he will be a top 5 tennis player for at least another 5 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Tennis is really a young man's game. It's incredible that Federer dominated for as long as he did in my view. You just have to look at all the players who were highly rated for a year or two and then fell off the radar (Hewitt, Safin, etc).