Scotland squad announced for Northern Ireland friendly

Boab

Scotland National Team Coach George Burley and National Youth Team Coach Billy Start today named their squads for the upcoming games againts Northern Ireland and Lithuania.

Scotland A Squad for Tennent's International Challenge Match:

Goalkeepers

Craig Gordon Sunderland

David Marshall Norwich City

Allan McGregor Rangers

Defenders

Darren Barr Falkirk

Christophe Berra Hearts

Gary Caldwell Celtic

Callum Davidson Preston North End

Stephen McManus Celtic

Kevin McNaughton Cardiff City

Gary Naysmith Sheffield United

Steven Whittaker Rangers

Midfielders

Scott Brown Celtic

Kris Commons Derby County

Darren Fletcher Manchester United

Paul Hartley Celtic

James Morrison West Bromwich Albion

Gavin Rae Cardiff City

Barry Robson Celtic

Kevin Thomson Rangers

Forwards

Kris Boyd Rangers

David Clarkson Motherwell

Steven Fletcher Hibernian

James McFadden Birmingham City

Kenny Miller Rangers

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news.cfm?newsid=4063

Delighted that McCulloch isn't in it, brilliant news and even though it is a friendly - most usual names seem in it so hopefully this is a sign of things tocome.

Angered that that James Morrison is picked - he can get tae f*ck. Pleased for Darren Barr.

Match details: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...t&p=2642608

I agree that Commons is a good player but don't want hangers on that just take advantage of a birthplace with very little or no feeling for my country.

Quashie, McElevey (sp), Elliot, Morrison..?

I agree that Commons is a good player but don't want hangers on that just take advantage of a birthplace with very little or no feeling for my country.

Quashie, McElevey (sp), Elliot, Morrison..?

Well I've spoke out about Jay before on RM, I don't really want them above.

Of course there are some like Don Hutchison or Dominic Matteo or Stuart McCall who have an affinity with Scotland but have an english accent and thats fine but these guys above are just opportunists IMO.

Commons is English, did very well in a terrible Forest team then fucked them over with his wage demands on a new contract, so they did the right thing and punted him to Derby. Nothing amazing though.

Glad to see Barr and Thomson there, along with Clarkson keeping his place. Calum Davidson though, wtf, blast from the past.

Of course there are some like Don Hutchison or Dominic Matteo or Stuart McCall who have an affinity with Scotland but have an english accent and thats fine but these guys above are just opportunists IMO.

Matteo was born in Dumfries, but brought up in England hence the accent.

Commons is English, did very well in a terrible Forest team then fucked them over with his wage demands on a new contract, so they did the right thing and punted him to Derby. Nothing amazing though.

Glad to see Barr and Thomson along with Clarkson keeping his place. Calum Davidson though, wtf, blast from the past.

Aye, was born in Mansfield. Will be interesting to the quotes from him on 'being Scottish'.

Davidson? If he keeps Jay McEveley out the team then great.

Matteo was born in Dumfries, but brought up in England hence the accent.

(tu)

Lived in Dumfries for the first 4 years of his life.

Glad to see Barr and Thomson along with Clarkson keeping his place. Calum Davidson though, wtf, blast from the past.

Aye, was born in Mansfield. Will be interesting to the quotes from him on 'being Scottish'.

Personally i'd rather give Nicholson or Stewart a call up than Commons.

Davidson is a cb, not a lb, he's also 32 and average at best. I assume McEveley's not there cause he's pish and Naysmith is fit again.

You really don't like the English do you?

Personally i'd rather give Nicholson or Stewart a call up than Commons.

Davidson is a cb, not a lb, he's also 32 and average at best. I assume McEveley's not there cause he's pish and Naysmith is fit again.

Agreed.

Nothing to do with not liking the english. Not at all.

I'm looking at it this way.

Put it this way, we have so many development officers across Scotland and say 5-7 years after coaching a kid they see that kid doing well as a professional and on the verge of a call-up to the Scotland team and then suddenly we have a English or whatever brit coming along that stumbles on a Papa who was born in Scotland and gets called up instead of the guy whos grew up in Scotland all his life instead dreaming of a call-up, for talking sake, an english player who can't get past Micah Richards or Wes Brown and Scotland is convenient.

How does that young Scottish home grown lad feel or coach from years ago, time wasted?

Put it this way, we have so many development officers across Scotland and say 5-7 years after coaching a kid they see that kid doing well as a professional and on the verge of a call-up to the Scotland team and then suddenly we have a English or whatever brit coming along that stumbles on a Papa who was born in Scotland and gets called up instead of the guy whos grew up in Scotland all his life instead dreaming of a call-up, for talking sake, an english player who can't get past Micah Richards or Wes Brown and Scotland is convenient.

How does that young Scottish home grown lad feel or coach from years ago, time wasted?

If you want your country to do the best they can, and you have a legitimate player who is better than what we've got, then what's the problem?

Even Burley can see that Dailly, Weir, McCulloch and Broadfoot are not good enough!

I wouldn't have that dumpling, Whittaker in there either. He's another waste of space.

If you want your country to do the best they can, and you have a legitimate player who is better than what we've got, then what's the problem?

Well I just struggle to accept the type of player I've described (tu)