Tottenham ITK: Arshavin to sign as early as tonight

SpursGer

Now watch it blow up in my face as he joins Barca :lol:

Would be one hell of a signing. I've followed him for about 12 months now, and he really is a very special player.

Spurs certainly going balls out for that Champions League place!

Zenit have lowered their asking price, so this one is a goer.

It will just make clubs put a bid in for him now.

Lowered, but not to the price you could have got him for before Euro 2008.

I think he'll now cost around £17m, and Barca are apparently only prepared to pay €15m. Let's hope it stays that way (for my sake anyway ^_^ ).

Zenit have lowered their asking price, so this one is a goer.

It will just make clubs put a bid in for him now.

Lowered, but not to the price you could have got him for before Euro 2008.

I think he'll now cost around £17m, and Barca are apparently only prepared to pay €15m. Let's hope it stays that way (for my sake anyway ^_^ ).

Haha lol no.

Im an arsenal fan. :beer1:

You're just getting greedy now :(

Just joking, would be a fantastic signing (tu)

:D

It is getting a bit crazy now.

------------- Gomes -------------

Hutton - King - Woodgate - Bale

------- Jenas ----- Modric -------

Bentley --- Arshavin --- Giovani

------------ Berbatov ------------

If we can get them (and keep them) all fit, we can really make an impression on the Premier League next year.

To be honest, I expect Berbatov to be gone by September 1st, but Darren Bent is made for the lone striking role, and with 12 goals in his last 6 games, this might well be his time to step up and show he can really play with the big boys!

Haha lol no.

I'm looking forward to next season... we all are ;) :beer2:

If we can get them (and keep them) all fit, we can really make an impression on the Premier League next year.

To be honest, I expect Berbatov to be gone by September 1st, but Darren Bent is made for the lone striking role, and with 12 goals in his last 6 games, this might well be his time to step up and show he can really play with the big boys!

Haha lol no.

I'm looking forward to next season... we all are ;) :beer2:

Yep.

The one thing id worry about is the defensive cover in that midfield. 1 good ball could split that midfield with a lapse of concentration somewhere.

Spurs will always score goals though. That has never been debated.

Chaps, Arsenal have just made a bid. Apparently the money they got off the Bentley deal allows them to match Zenits reduced price. Ironic or what?

Hopefully just some gits on the wind up, but if that happened, I would die a little inside :(

Your first team is miles off Chelsea and Man Utd. It's not even that close to Liverpool's.

You have some quality, but not enough. Too many weaker players.

Be interesting to see how you do though...

Has Hutton been impressive in London?

Yeah, he's done well. The great thing is though, he's not played as well as he was for Rangers and Scotland before his move, which suggests to me that there's still more to come. He's playing a little more cautious than the Alan Hutton we saw from the first half of the season, but I feel that once he's fully adapted to the system, and has built up a strong understand with both his centre-backs and his winger, he'll go from strength to strength.

Your first team is miles off Chelsea and Man Utd. It's not even that close to Liverpool's.

You have some quality, but not enough. Too many weaker players.

Be interesting to see how you do though...

I beg to differ ;)

You're right in saying that United and Chelsea are still a fair way ahead of us, especially when it comes to the depth and quality of their squads, but if we do manage to get Ashavin in, I don't for a second see how you can say it's not even close to Liverpool's. In fact, I reckon I could put up a decent argument to suggest it's definitely as good as Liverpool's.

I think Tottenham can take Liverpool's place this season. Liverpool have strengthened area's they didn't need to, and ignored area's they're weak in. They've signed Dossena (who played left wing for Udinese) and are playing him left-back. Someone on SpursCommunity's based in Udinese territory, and goes to most games, and he's said that Dossena's game is decent going forward, but he's defensively suspect. He cannot believe that Liverpool have brought him in to play at full-back. They're weak on the right-hand side, often playing Pennant or Kuyt there, and the very worst thing they did this summer was sign Robbie Keane. Good player, but not great. Won't fit into their system. Horribly over priced. And for the money, they're going to strengthen a rival (us) by funding a move for Andei Arshavin. I think the European game the other night highlighted how important Stephen Gerrard is to Liverpool, and if he picks up an injury next year, I struggle to see Liverpool challenging Chelsea and United.

Apart from Bent what strikers do Spurs have once Berbatov leaves?(if he does that is)

Strikers: Tomas Pekhart

Second Strikers: dos Santos

Pekhart I don't think is considered ready for the first team yet (there's talk of loaning him to Plymouth this morning), but we currently have Berba, Bent and Gio. The idea is to replace the outgoing Keane with Arshavin, and if he goes, Berbatov with a taller, stronger striker along the lines of Pavlyechenko, Huntelaar or Milito.

Has Hutton been impressive in London?

Yeah, he's done well. The great thing is though, he's not played as well as he was for Rangers and Scotland before his move, which suggests to me that there's still more to come. He's playing a little more cautious than the Alan Hutton we saw from the first half of the season, but I feel that once he's fully adapted to the system, and has built up a strong understand with both his centre-backs and his winger, he'll go from strength to strength.

Probably because Tottenham are so attacking?