Mark Warburton Open To Rangers Job Discussions

WATBB

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm, that is not what baffles me. What baffles me is why Real want him.

I think in Spain he is more highly thought of and his record is difficult to argue with. 2 La Ligas and a Uefa Cup with Valencia, a European cup win and a second final with Liverpool along with an FA cup win, another Uefa cup with Chelsea and a world club cup with Inter. Also used to work for Real as a youth coach so has a connection there.

I understand the questions regarding Warburton, but I'd still take the gamble with him. At this stage we aren't going to get a Manager who has every quality we want. Through a broad look at our fanbase, you'd say the qualities we'd look for in a new manager are; playing style, youths being brought through and experience.

Sadly there's no chance we're going to find someone who has a tick for all of those categories. Yes Warburton comes with risks, but so will every Manager we're going to look at. Unless we go for the safe bet of Walter Smith or Craig Brown, which would culminate in no real progress.

If we're serious about a total change of footballing philosophy at the Club then we're going to need to take a gamble. This isn't something that we'll be able to do whilst winning every game, it's going to come with it's flaws. We'll lose matches and we'll lose them due to silly mistakes, but if we really want to do something about the turgid football we see week in week out it's something we'll need to put up with.

If we go up, and it's still a big if, this is the perfect time to change it. This is the start of a new chapter like it was 3 years ago, we already blew our chance then, I'd rather not have the same regrets as I do now.

If it goes tits up, it goes tits up. But at least we can't look back and say I wish we did..

We don't knead these half baked rumours rising up around us just now.put all this talk to bread and don't let outsiders derail our final push.

Dough Surrender

Rab

I understand the questions regarding Warburton, but I'd still take the gamble with him. At this stage we aren't going to get a Manager who has every quality we want. Through a broad look at our fanbase, you'd say the qualities we'd look for in a new manager are; playing style, youths being brought through and experience.

Sadly there's no chance we're going to find someone who has a tick for all of those categories. Yes Warburton comes with risks, but so will every Manager we're going to look at. Unless we go for the safe bet of Walter Smith or Craig Brown, which would culminate in no real progress.

If we're serious about a total change of footballing philosophy at the Club then we're going to need to take a gamble. This isn't something that we'll be able to do whilst winning every game, it's going to come with it's flaws. We'll lose matches and we'll lose them due to silly mistakes, but if we really want to do something about the turgid football we see week in week out it's something we'll need to put up with.

If we go up, and it's still a big if, this is the perfect time to change it. This is the start of a new chapter like it was 3 years ago, we already blew our chance then, I'd rather not have the same regrets as I do now.

If it goes tits up, it goes tits up. But at least we can't look back and say I wish we did..

We don't knead these half baked rumours rising up around us just now.put all this talk to bread and don't let outsiders derail our final push.

Dough Surrender

Rab

No it's not, he's a Madrid fan even called them his sweetheart when at Chelsea When was rumoured he and Jose would "swap" jobs

He was fucking atrocious in parts when at Chelsea. Europa League win or not, Chelsea shouldn't be anywhere near that trophy. I've got a ST at the bridge and some of the stuff he had the chels playing was horrific, and he squeezed his way to the glorious prize of third place in the league. Awful. No doubt someone will point out Jose's return season resulted in a third place finish but at least he had the blues in the semi final of the champs league, and up there with a shot at the league until the bitter end, with what was largely the same squad. There was progress under Jose's first season, under Benitez it just looked like it was all grinding along with turgid football and getting pumped off the "big" sides. Away to man city was a fuckin mess, absolutely rode with a 2-0 scoreline flattering to deceive, the away fans were completely resigned to the fact that it was gonna be a shafting.

another belter was 2-0 down in the second leg of a cup game against swansea after getting done at the bridge 2-0 and he switches the left back. the cunt was ridiculously stubborn and claimed David Luiz was "the best player in the premier league by a mile". Fuckin ghastly football he had on display, and by all accounts he's been pretty shite at Napoli too. Less said about his catastrophic stint at Inter the better, albeit he was trying to fill the shoes of The Special One.

Reading away too. fuck that was a grim grim midweek trip to fuckin reading. 2 goal lead chucked away with the might of fucking adam lefondre taking the pish out the back line. wild.

Fucking hate that fat bastard.

Cunt will be sacked after one year in charge at Madrid. Most of them dont last more than a couple of seasons anyway. He's a shit manager.

He was fucking atrocious in parts when at Chelsea. Europa League win or not, Chelsea shouldn't be anywhere near that trophy. I've got a ST at the bridge and some of the stuff he had the chels playing was horrific, and he squeezed his way to the glorious prize of third place in the league. Awful. No doubt someone will point out Jose's return season resulted in a third place finish but at least he had the blues in the semi final of the champs league, and up there with a shot at the league until the bitter end, with what was largely the same squad. There was progress under Jose's first season, under Benitez it just looked like it was all grinding along with turgid football and getting pumped off the "big" sides. Away to man city was a fuckin mess, absolutely rode with a 2-0 scoreline flattering to deceive, the away fans were completely resigned to the fact that it was gonna be a shafting.

another belter was 2-0 down in the second leg of a cup game against swansea after getting done at the bridge 2-0 and he switches the left back. the cunt was ridiculously stubborn and claimed David Luiz was "the best player in the premier league by a mile". Fuckin ghastly football he had on display, and by all accounts he's been pretty shite at Napoli too. Less said about his catastrophic stint at Inter the better, albeit he was trying to fill the shoes of The Special One.

Reading away too. fuck that was a grim grim midweek trip to fuckin reading. 2 goal lead chucked away with the might of fucking adam lefondre taking the pish out the back line. wild.

Fucking hate that fat bastard.

Cunt will be sacked after one year in charge at Madrid. Most of them dont last more than a couple of seasons anyway. He's a shit manager.

I don't rate him either. His time at Inter Milan was disasterous and I don't think he's achieved all he should at his present club.

Don't know if this will go down here but would any of you fancy shhteeve mclaren? Probably wouldn't be interested right enough but bar this season and the England job he hasn't done too badly. We would actually see football on the deck as well..

Wouldn't say McCall is being hunted, more likely the club are just considering all of their options.

Chelsea. Appointed Rafa Benitez as their interim Manager (great manager) won them the Europa League, and still Chelsea got rid of him and went another direction, Jose Mourinho.

McCall doesn't really sit too well with me tbh though, the way he crashed and burned out of Motherwell sits firmly in my mind,

I'd say McCall left Motherwell because he'd done plenty there and then each season, had to start all over again with players being sold out from under him, and not being given enough cash to bring in the guys he wanted, maybe. Being at Rangers I'd imagine McCall has better quality to play with and an actual budget. Maybe.

Don't know if this will go down here but would any of you fancy shhteeve mclaren? Probably wouldn't be interested right enough but bar this season and the England job he hasn't done too badly. We would actually see football on the deck as well..

Cant stop saying Steve Mclaren's name now in a Sean Connery accent.

Leaving aside that I don't think we could afford him (nor would I want him personally) The guy made a right arse of himself during his dutch adventure. A manager has to instil confidence and command respect, how would he manage that when surely there would be players taking the piss as soon as he left the room

Cant believe this has come out on the eve of the most important game of the season, It stinks. He will get my support even if I think getting a 18 month manager to date is a massive gamble.

Threads been here for a while