Mark Warburton Open To Rangers Job Discussions

WATBB

don't know why we need to replace mccall unless he doesn't want the job? i know he ain't amazing but he's doing a good job and would like to give him a full season to get us into the premiership or get us as far up the premiership as possible before letting someone else in.

he is the 3rd manager we've had this season. do we really need a new guy coming in?

Give him a full season to get us in the Premiership? If we lose today (god forbid) McCall will be told "Thanks for everything, your services are no longer required"

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said from the start the board should give McCall the job till end of season then open the job up for aplicants. Stuart McCall is guaranteed an interview and has the best opportunity to show us what he can do, however if he isn't the best man of those who applied thank him very much and move on.

I like Stuart McCall and wil be forever greatful for him trying to help us out when we have the worst team we have ever had. The last few performances under mccoist had us all doubting we would make play offs.

Wouldn't say McCall is being hunted, more likely the club are just considering all of their options.

Chelsea. Appointed Rafa Benitez as their interim Manager (great manager) won them the Europa League, and still Chelsea got rid of him and went another direction, Jose Mourinho.

McCall doesn't really sit too well with me tbh though, the way he crashed and burned out of Motherwell sits firmly in my mind, he folded under pressure basically after admitting he "couldn't do anything to change things" when it got bad. What's he going to be like on Old Firm days? Managing us in Europe? Important matches? The pressure at Rangers is much more intense than Motherwell, any slip ups and it's front page/back page headlines, all over TV, all over the world really.

Hunted is what I'm hearing. Could well be shite but I wouldn't be too downbeat if he were to go. Club needs a refurb from top to bottom. We can't keep taking the 'safe' option forever. Sooner or later we're going to have to take a chance, step outside of the comfort zone of employing the 'Rangers men' and get someone in who is capable of dragging this club into the 21st century by the baws.

This would be a massive gamble.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't take it but managing Brentford for a couple of seasons is limited experience for a job at a club of our stature. Add to that he has no experience of the game in Scotland.

This is a massive decision and the board must get it right.

This would be a massive gamble.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't take it but managing Brentford for a couple of seasons is limited experience for a job at a club of our stature. Add to that he has no experience of the game in Scotland.

This is a massive decision and the board must get it right.

To be fair his assistant has plenty experience of the Scottish game and in his couple of seasons at Brentford he's worked wonders with them.