Haris Vuckic Wanted By Olympiacos.

WATBB

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers star Haris Vuckic, on loan from Newcastle until the summer, says he is "honoured" to be linked with a move to Olympiacos.

:(

Who would really want to play in the Scottish league the scum at the Sfa have killed Scottish football by weakening every club bar them.

It's the same sorry state of affairs.

He may well sign for them and then will slip into obscurity rather than become a Rangers great. It's not like he's as good as gio or arteta who did go on to bigger and better things, though I doubt he'll end up like wylde, ness, McCabe etc. it's more likely he'll be a little like Weiss, end up playing in Qatar or somewhere where decent players get stupid wages.

It all comes down to the player and what he wants out of his career. If we were in Europe we might have a shot in getting him but in reality even if he has loved his time here you can't offer big games week in week out.

I hope wherever he ends up he's successful as he's been a catalyst for our improved performances and seems a really good guy.

Does he have one year left on his contract at Newcastle ? Ashley will want to cash him in to the highest bidder and will he want to sell him to Rangers...

Fairly certain he has a year left. It's certainly not up this summer....think streete is out of contract though if he can't get a game now he is fit I doubt we'd sign him.

Ashley won't care about who he sells him to, as long as he gets as much as he can get. Which rules us out I think.

Really want to see Newcastle relegated just because I can't stand Ashley, however if they get relegated they may well keep and play vuckic if other players leave.

King should be getting Vuckic signed up. He's got talent and - just as importantly - he plays for the jersey. It's a great chance for King to make a statement of intent to the support.

As for the lad himself, he can't fail to have been impressed by the sight and sound of Ibrox when near capacity. Realistically, where else is he going to experience that? And if we manage to secure promotion, he can look forward to plenty of days like that.

King should be getting Vuckic signed up. He's got talent and - just as importantly - he plays for the jersey. It's a great chance for King to make a statement of intent to the support.

As for the lad himself, he can't fail to have been impressed by the sight and sound of Ibrox when near capacity. Realistically, where else is he going to experience that? And if we manage to secure promotion, he can look forward to plenty of days like that.

His actual club average gates far higher than ours and a 95% capacity crowd every second week at home. Granted the kid will probably never play in front of them.

His actual club average gates far higher than ours and a 95% capacity crowd every second week at home. Granted the kid will probably never play in front of them.

It's true that the NUFC average crowd may be much higher than ours this season, but it's the first time in over 20 years that we've dropped below a 40K average home crowd. We'll be back north of a 40K average next season if we get promoted, especially if King injects some cash into the club.

Vuckic has played for NUFC on a handful of occasions, but I doubt he'd be a regular first teamer anytime soon. The same goes for most (if not all) EPL sides, and that's why I say that he's unlikely to find anywhere else that can offer the sort of atmosphere that a busy Ibrox can generate.