Andy Murdoch

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Struggled to keep up in the first 20 minutes but he played well after that.

It seemed like him and Shiels were confused as to what their jobs were but they soon sorted it.

Murdoch was my man of the match. I'm going to refrain from calling him a prospect as he's good enough for our first team now but hopefully he can continue to improve.

Love the guy. Our best player last few months and I rate him better than McLeod.

Reminds of wee Stuart McCall a little.

Was just about to say that, he's a fighter.

He needs a year or two to bulk up though as he often gets pushed off the ball. I'm hoping he'll get that chance and take it

I thought he struggled at the beginning of the game and was getting lost in he midfield.

After he skinned that boy and put him on his arse and pinged the pass, he was much better.

Patience and confidence is the key with young players.

The problem with our support is we treat every player like a seasoned professional and expect outstanding performances with few if any mistakes. Whilst it's a natural reaction it puts a lot of pressure on the players, especially the young players.

It was noticeable the difference in his play from the moment mentioned. Good players play themself into a game by doing simple things right early on and getting a feel for the pace and intensity of the game before trying the more difficult things.

Murdoch is doing great considering the pressure of the last few games and hopefully this will help with his development in to a Ranger we can all be proud of for years to go.

Hopefully he has his head screwed on and will continue to develop, maybe even into a great footballer.

He needs to look at ness, McCabe and wylde and realise that it's not the best career move to go to England early on.

Before the Hibs game I thought Murdoch was a tidy player but not what we were looking for. maybe a bit small and not hard enough in the tackle.

Well after the game on wednesday I hold my hands up and think I got it wrong. He had a great game. Bossed the midfield where he was easily the best ( Vuckic is more an attacker than midfielder ). His work rate never dropped and he wasn`t wasteful with the ball. MoTM for me but Foster (yes I know ) wasn`t far behind.

I thought Foster played more like his first spell with us. Why couldn`t he play like that more often ?

Before the Hibs game I thought Murdoch was a tidy player but not what we were looking for. maybe a bit small and not hard enough in the tackle.

Well after the game on wednesday I hold my hands up and think I got it wrong. He had a great game. Bossed the midfield where he was easily the best ( Vuckic is more an attacker than midfielder ). His work rate never dropped and he wasn`t wasteful with the ball. MoTM for me but Foster (yes I know ) wasn`t far behind.

I thought Foster played more like his first spell with us. Why couldn`t he play like that more often ?

Just came back from injury combined with a lack of faith in Ally would be my explanation for Foster tbh.

We need to stop building up wee Andy so much he is a cracking player but the more we hype him the further he could fall and the more likely he is to attract attention from teams in a stronger position