My Fathers Words To Me As A Wee Yin,threats And Pride....

this is a personal account of a perfect day yesterday.if you want to criticize, do so constructively,not just a slag off.yesterday sent me back to being 5 at xmas

.No cuddle or merry xmas son as my dad pulled my first Rangers jersey over my head,instead i got the talk,and thank fuck i did.thank fuck i listened.thank fuck my heart was bursting at this staunchest of Bears words., narrowed down, along the lines of:

never duck a bear in trouble.

defend your fellow bear

remember what the jersey stands for

never let anybody rip the piss out of the club in your presence

if i see you even do any of these once, you never wear that jersey again

But most of all, the words that ive carried with me all my life are, and told my own boys are this.

Anybody can wear the jersey,anybody can sing the words,anybody can be a proddy son,they can go through their whole life going to ibrox..to be a true ranger is to understand the pride of a people,those who dont are easy to see, they walk with their scarves covered or off, with their face to the floor,when in the company of rivals,and most of all, never acknowledge a lone bear wearing his..one day when you are older you will realise and understand why you are what you are,but you will get it wrong a few times before being one of the people takes its true meaning.there is a massive difference between being a rangers fan and being a rangers man.

...i came to Glasgow yesterday with no plan, thinking i had no chance of a ticket,as down here it was reported sold out. a bear on his own.First omen was getting a ticket as soon as the airport taxi pulled up at ibrox, second was the sunshine cos at that point i didnt have a change of clothes if it rained all day.,i would buy my colours later nearer kick off,nowhere to sleep until the next day when my plane departed,so the airport would have to do, with no ticket for the game, that could have been a long stay..

The strange events leading up to yesterday also meant that i wasnt going to be nursing pints all day waiting for kick off,that would have been a total waste and predictable in younger days.instead, my next decision ensured that, along with the last of my wakey wakey powder,that yesterday as a whole was everything i could have dreamed of,for me as a person.

i was sittin on the stairs behind the copland having an armpit and face wash with mineral water and wet wipes when i decided to post on fb a video selfie of me at my rawest ,wasted form,to a few of the boys from work,i was convinced hibs were bringin 8000.

I didnt say much, but the effect it had on my friends was "fuckin yes boss, and come on Rangers"

Respect from my lads matters,they knew how much it meant to me yesterday just to be outside ibrox,i decided to walk round govan, kinning park and ibrox all day,passing the Main Stand as often as i could before a final wash a change into newly purchased gers trackie top and polo, and bag in left luggage at buch str. stn., back over to Ibrox and a fast couple in the Louden,last of the wwp to make sure i was at my best at ko.i didnt want to be in the pub, so i went outside the main stand and sent another video selfie to my mate in hungary about what it means to be a bear.i would post both selfies ,but the piss takin on here would see me never return,

by this time i was so tired after 50 hours awake that the wwp was only making my lips numb, the young bears passing by whilst recording kept quiet instead of caning me, a sign of how things were to pan out yesterday and this morning.

Yesterday in our neglected, beautiful stadium, every bear in the stands let it fuckin go for the bears on the park, we knew the boys on the pitch were under the cosh, we understood that hibs were fresh, we knew that the poison pens were out for our club,we knew not to get on the players backs, they were under enough pressure already.as the young lad about 17 behind me to the left in GF3, screamed at the whole ground to stop slaggin the mistakes and get fuckin right behind the team.

In our years in the top league and europe , there have been occasions when it" seemed" there was so much at stake.

Every single person connected with Rangers, both home and abroad, inside the ground and watching on tv pushed our boys on the park to victory.the majority will say that it wasnt as loud as an OF game, fair enough, but it was us getting behind our team, give them all we had so they could do the same for us.

Ibrox was rocking all night and so fuckin tense towards the end of the game, but instead of criticizing and getting on the layers backs,we just got louder and louder behind our much criticized team whose desire to wear our jersey had been questioned,sometimes rightly so, but not last night.

we have assembled some great teams on the park in our history who were cut some slack because of their brilliance when things went wrong, and of course Rangers have oozed much more class than our present 11,but this lot are ours.they are all we have, and they gave us absolutely every inch of themselves and their ability and desire to get a result, and to send they upstart bastards packing.

after the celebrations for kennys goal had dropped a decibel, i glanced over at the hibs supporters.

Their sudden realisation that they may be staying down for another season ensured a dead silence from them.

That could so easily have been 42000 of us.Its not all over yet of course,but our boys have given themselves a great chance of getting through,we gave them the inspiration and belief to get a result.

For what was at stake ,the scrutiny on the club, last night and the whole day of soulsearching from myself, and what followed after the match at buchanan street,the airport and getting off the plane at stansted today, it was as if the old man had scripted it ,right down to the last minute.

circumstances leading up to coming up for the game,pre match, during the 90 mins, and those boys who recognised a bear in his colours at buchanan street( big skinhead security guard) who was fuckin beamin with pride, the 3 boys workin the nightshift in the shop,cleaning and portering at glasgow international on the nightshift,the granda and his grandchildren sitting across the aisle behind me on the plane ,who was in the Broomy rear last night and had apparently watched me panicking because i didnt have my passport in the lounge for 2 hours,he was in normal clothes,all of the lads who sat and spoke to me while i smoked like a fuckin beagle in a lab to pass the time,or who greeted me at buch str. at left luggage(crackin fella), were all in civvies.

I looked like shit with 60 hours without sleep,well worn jeans, but more importantly the Rangers trackie i had worn at the game. a simple show of respect and coming forward with a greeting for a fellow bear who thinks he is on his own and a bit vulnerable, is all my dad demanded from all of us as a people. i felt so proud that i was wearing the red white and blue, instead of casual clothes,.otherwise no recognition as one of their own would have come forward. all greeted me the same way, but for a bear living down here who never hears those words, and replying with the line his old man told him to everytime as a show of pride in yer team.regardless of how dad they played.:

"Awrite Big Yin.Some result for the Rangers the night(last night)."(at least 16 times last night from different men and women)

Awrite pal, the Rangers were magic by the way.

Cue conversation about the 11 boys in blue.simple.

But the ultimate recogntiion as one of your own.

may not mean as much to some of you,but yesterday ,as always .it means the world to me,

We Are The People

No Surrender

Rab

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post Rab from the heart WATP

i wish i could write properly,but so much good happened yesterday that i can only remember half of it, and my grammar is shit i know,think ive got some sort of brain disfunction, you should see the videos ha ha ha.

its just when i think of how really wrong everything could have gone yesterday,i mean the whole day and night, game the lot,it makes me so proud of us all that we stood for what we believe in, and you can bet your arse that the syringe sharers fancied it alright yesterday.

that fuckin pass from Vuckic for the first goal! if that had been messi,gerry armstrong would have been suckin his own cock for years.

feel 10 ft tall today, with a wee empty bit inside my head ha ha ha

No Surrender

Rab