Alistair Mccoist Mbe

I think we should get McCoist in to Murray Park to earn his money as well. We should have him cleaning Andy Murdoch's boots for his inflated salary.

Being serious though, make him earn his money.

You can't just change his job role. Employment law exists to prevent such things as your boss telling you to clean the toilets with a toothbrush on a whim (unless, of course, cleaning toilets with a toothbrush is actually your actual job).

The only way to make him work for his money is re-instate him as manager (as per his contract) or get him to agree to a new role and a change of contract (maybe King suggested this to him already i.e. become a club ambassador but take a pay cut).

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This season, the same squad under McCoist had a better win percentage, scored more, conceded less and had a better clean sheet percentage than under McCall.

If Ally wasn't forced out, and McCall having to be brought in to fix the heinous mistake of promoting McDowall, we would have taken 2nd comfortably. That's still a failure for our club, but anyone trying to say we've been better under McCall is deluded beyond help. Easier on the eye performances doesn't consistently win games, the stats prove that.

Ignore it if it doesn't suit your agenda. That's fine.

When he left we were only 7 points ahead of 3rd with Hibs coming into great form.

How you can be so sure we'd have taken 2nd 'comfortably' is beyond me.

When he left we were only 7 points ahead of 3rd with Hibs coming into great form.

How you can be so sure we'd have taken 2nd 'comfortably' is beyond me.

I don't know why you can't accept the evidence doesn't justify your opinion...

You can't just change his job role. Employment law exists to prevent such things as your boss telling you to clean the toilets with a toothbrush on a whim (unless, of course, cleaning toilets with a toothbrush is actually your actual job).

The only way to make him work for his money is re-instate him as manager (as per his contract) or get him to agree to a new role and a change of contract (maybe King suggested this to him already i.e. become a club ambassodor but take a pay cut).

Don't want to see him anywhere near the club ever again. The damage he has done will take a very long time to repair.

The evidence does, I should know I only missed two of McCoist's games this season

I'd ask you to display this evidence we would have done worse under McCoist than what McCall managed but it's pointless. You had a feeling, and got it wrong. Just like you did with CG and just like then you can't accept it. If McCalls record was better it would suit your argument.

Open your mind STB. McCoist was shite, but McDowall and McCall have been worse.

It really all is down to McCoist himself , how he's portrayed by Rangers fans in the future.

His spell as a manager was a disaster and now taking home 2 grand a day seems to add insult to injury. I hope one day I can look back on him with the same fondness I once had , but try as I do , it's just not there.

It would be a great shame if I never do.

I'd ask you to display this evidence we would have done worse under McCoist than what McCall managed but it's pointless. You had a feeling, and got it wrong. Just like you did with CG and just like then you can't accept it. If McCalls record was better it would suit your argument.

It's not just about stats though.

Guys were saying that as long as he won the leagues we shouldn't complain . Yet last season , anyone could see , despite going undefeated , the quality of our play was such that we would struggle when we stepped up a division . And so it proved.

Statistically McCoist may well have a better record this season , but there is certainly a confidence amongst the players , as well as the support , that wasn't there before McCoist left.

Not saying McCall is the answer , but outside of here , I've still to meet someone who'd still rather McCoist was in charge than McCall.

It's not just about stats though.

Guys were saying that as long as he won the leagues we shouldn't complain . Yet last season , anyone could see , despite going undefeated , the quality of our play was such that we would struggle when we stepped up a division . And so it proved.

Statistically McCoist may well have a better record this season , but there is certainly a confidence amongst the players , as well as the support , that wasn't there before McCoist left.

Not saying McCall is the answer , but outside of here , I've still to meet someone who'd still rather McCoist was in charge than McCall.

Didn't say I'd rather he stayed, but I won't ignore the blatant truths in front of me. McCall produced better performances and McCoist more points and goals. Fact. Undeniable. The stats don't matter? Because they don't suit this bitter ingrained agenda some people persist with.

Maybe. Terminate his contract and see if he fights it.

I don't want to believe anything bad about ally, a well informed member on here told me a story about how he.fucked over a fellow poster on here In a business deal.so what I say is this.

Don't sack high. , reinstate him and give him a platform to give his side of events

I don't want to see things end like this for one of my all time heroes.but.and there is always a but, if ally would rather draw the money and stay away from ibrox, then so be it.

Maybe in years to come he will look at pictures from the directors box at one of Rangers greatest sons since save king came in.

Somebody who was totally disrespected and insulted by the previous regime, yet at.the.first time of asking he is back amongst the people who adored him for being a.true.Rangers man. Captain, and voted greatest Ranger, John Grey. ,

After all ally did as a player he should be sitting next to him as a hero of our support.lets see what matters most.

Our desire for a darling of the support to strut like a fuckin peacock at ibrox , loved and admired.

Or the legend who skulks into the shadows for a pound note , never to be welcome at ibrox again.

Over to you super

No Surrender

Rab

Maybe. Terminate his contract and see if he fights it.

I don't want to believe anything bad about ally, a well informed member on here told me a story about how he.fucked over a fellow poster on here In a business deal.so what I say is this.

Don't sack high. , reinstate him and give him a platform to give his side of events

I don't want to see things end like this for one of my all time heroes.but.and there is always a but, if ally would rather draw the money and stay away from ibrox, then so be it.

Maybe in years to come he will look at pictures from the directors box at one of Rangers greatest sons since save king came in.

Somebody who was totally disrespected and insulted by the previous regime, yet at.the.first time of asking he is back amongst the people who adored him for being a.true.Rangers man. Captain, and voted greatest Ranger, John Grey. ,

After all ally did as a player he should be sitting next to him as a hero of our support.lets see what matters most.

Our desire for a darling of the support to strut like a fuckin peacock at ibrox , loved and admired.

Or the legend who skulks into the shadows for a pound note , never to be welcome at ibrox again.

Over to you super

No Surrender

Rab

Didn't say I'd rather he stayed, but I won't ignore the blatant truths in front of me. McCall produced better performances and McCoist more points and goals. Fact. Undeniable. The stats don't matter? Because they don't suit this bitter ingrained agenda some people persist with.

Can't disagree with much of that.

I think having good performances is a good foundation to start getting points and results. Let's hope we start bearing those fruits in the next three games .

Al that is absolutely absurd!

We've at least resembled a footballing side under McCall, with McCoist we were nothing more than a confused Rugby team attempting to play with a round ball at our feet.

Al that is absolutely absurd!

We've at least resembled a footballing side under McCall, with McCoist we were nothing more than a confused Rugby team attempting to play with a round ball at our feet.

Of course I was speaking statistically. It's so far removed from absurd, calling it absurd is absurd.

That rugby team scored more goals, conceded less and averaged more poi... give up repeating myself.

I'm not sure why it is roundly ignored by so many. We've played better, yes I agree.

Of course I was speaking statistically. It's so far removed from absurd, calling it absurd is absurd.

That rugby team scored more goals, conceded less and averaged more poi... give up repeating myself.

I'm not sure why it is roundly ignored by so many. We've played better, yes I agree.

Statistics...The same thing that made McCoist look like a world beater last Season, so no surprise they're still being used to back up his horrific Management.

Could you imagine McCoist coming in and taking over from the utter mayhem McDowell left us in? Do you think he'd have the same impact?

The guy couldn't get one point from Hearts or HIVs in three attempts and since McCall has came in we're undefeated against them in four, three of them being wins. With his only loss coming against QOTS.

If you honestly believe we'd be in the same position we are now, had McCoist returned after McDowell, you're deluded.

Statistics...The same thing that made McCoist look like a world beater last Season, so no surprise they're still being used to back up his horrific Management.

Could you imagine McCoist coming in and taking over from the utter mayhem McDowell left us in? Do you think he'd have the same impact?

The guy couldn't get one point from Hearts or HIVs in three attempts and since McCall has came in we're undefeated against them in four, three of them being wins. With his only loss coming against QOTS.

If you honestly believe we'd be in the same position we are now, had McCoist returned after McDowell, you're deluded.

I'm not backing up his horrific management here, people are doing that now with McCall. Aye, Statistics. Like a 2 goal lead is better than a 2 goal deficit, silly I know.

Silly question. Once he resigned he had to be removed and couldn't possibly come back.

We beat hearts and hibs and finished third when second was attainable.

If the stats showed McCall won more points on average with the same squad bar Macleod I'm sure more would accept them.

I'm not backing up his horrific management here, people are doing that now with McCall. Aye, Statistics. Like a 2 goal lead is better than a 2 goal deficit, silly I know.

Silly question. Once he resigned he had to be removed and couldn't possibly come back.

If the stats showed McCall won more points on average with the same squad bar Macleod I'm sure more would accept them.

I doubt its a coincidence that you defended McCoist to the end yet seem happy to throw McCall under a bus after the mess the took over

It's gone on too long. Far far too long. Its being allowed to become a festering sore. Poisonous even. It's more than ironic that McCoist once talked about some sort of cleansing being needed at Ibrox. I suspect he didn't think at the time that he could be talking about himself.

The thing is with incidents like this is that when one party (McCoist) digs in and takes every cent he is contractually entitled to for what has been the most visible and palpable managerial failure in one of the most important seasons in Rangers' long history that person's credibility and respect diminishes very fast. And into the realms of poisonous. Which does nobody any good. No winners in this game. Oh yes, McCoist 'wins' by stuffing his saddlebags full of Rangers' money which - in all reality - has not been earned. It may appear like winning but its not. Because the poison sticks of forever being regarded as a football spiv of a failed manager whose only interest was not the Club or the Support but his own financial greed. Not a tag easily or quickly offset by a legend status as a player. Ally 'Jekyll and Hyde' McCoist.

So what to do? What's the tidy way out? Well how about the good old fashioned compromise which tries to leave some sort of honour all round. In return for giving up his contractual 'entitlement' to be paid his current monthly salary he is appointed to some sort of corporate role (PR lead, mechandising front-man or fan rep or something like that) and perhaps an expenses only non-exec seat on the Board to smooth the ego. That way the Board is seen to broker a deal that reduces the costs to Rangers and starts the process of re-building the relationship between McCoist, the Club and the Support.

I doubt its a coincidence that you defended McCoist to the end yet seem happy to throw McCall under a bus after the mess the took over

Towards the end I kept quiet stb, unless admonishing those I felt went OTT with their insults. However I shouldn't be surprised at you twisting history to suit your opinion.

I'm neither throwing McCall under a bus, or lying to myself and anyone who will listen that we are so much better now under him.

Nice try though. Got that evidence?

You're going by statistics but I've already pointed out that he's played Hearts and HIVs less times whilst winning 3 out of those 4 games in comparison to 0 out of 3. This is also the squad McCoist put together and worked with for 2 Seasons, whilst McCall has had no input on transfers and has worked with them since 2/3s of the way through the Season.

You cannot compare that.

But if you want to, can you show me the statistics you are comparing. Are they against the same sides? Are they the same amount of games? Are they games with wind or prior to a Charles Green statement?

Towards the end I kept quiet stb. I'm neither throwing McCall under a bus, or lying to myself and anyone who will listen that we are so much better now under him.

Nice try though. Got that evidence?

I think McCall has improved things to an extent, not enough for me to believe he should get the job permanently. But I think using stats to purely judge the situation is wrong.

You're going by statistics but I've already pointed out that he's played Hearts and HIVs less times whilst winning 3 out of those 4 games in comparison to 0 out of 3. This is also the squad McCoist put together and worked with for 2 Seasons, whilst McCall has had no input on transfers and has worked with them since 2/3s of the way through the Season.

You cannot compare that.

But if you want to, can you show me the statistics you are comparing. Are they against the same sides? Are they the same amount of games? Are they games with wind or prior to a Charles Green statement?

Yeah. Against same teams, with the same players.

I've kept quiet on this and in general on here. If the majority want to pick and choose what stats matter that's up to them. If beating hearts and hibs is better than more points. So be it.