Golf

kplfishtank

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Just finished my first 9 holes of golf in over two years since my spinal surgery.

Interesting is how I would describe it. 3 pars, countless shanks but my chipping n putting was tremendous.

Before the surgery I was playing off 1 and know I'm a million miles from that but just great to be hitting balls again. 

Just need to work on the timing part n it will come a think.

I'd love to be good enough at the game to play off a 1 lol I wish I was put into the sport at a young age as its a very good pastime that has longevity on its side too. Something I'll definitely be trying to get my son into if I have kids. 

I'm taking it back up next year, that's my aim, not hit a ball in years due to the family member I played with being out the game with health problems 

24 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

I'd love to be good enough at the game to play off a 1 lol I wish I was put into the sport at a young age as its a very good pastime that has longevity on its side too. Something I'll definitely be trying to get my son into if I have kids. 

I'm taking it back up next year, that's my aim, not hit a ball in years due to the family member I played with being out the game with health problems 

I've missed it dearly over past couple years. At times I've went out n watched my mates n I'd be as well letting them kick me in the balls for all the good it does.

Great round back n got the bug so will continue to hit the practice range n improve.

Know I'll never play to that standard again but I would be happy just playing.

Just thinking, you have the shades for it now ??

26 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Playing PGA course at Gleneagles tomorrow,  hope I hit the ball better than I did last weekend. 

First comp on Saturday 7.30 tee off, first out.

Great trek, but bloody long.

Enjoy.

Im playing first 18 holes tomorrow at Lanark since June 2014.

First card to get my handicap back, see how we go.

39 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Great trek, but bloody long.

Enjoy.

Im playing first 18 holes tomorrow at Lanark since June 2014.

First card to get my handicap back, see how we go.

Good luck. Great track to be playing your first 18 in three years

23 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Playing PGA course at Gleneagles tomorrow,  hope I hit the ball better than I did last weekend. 

First comp on Saturday 7.30 tee off, first out.

Played shit, started off hitting the ball ok. Got frustrated as good shots got punished then totally tried to batter the ball not good.great track as well.

16 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Played shit, started off hitting the ball ok. Got frustrated as good shots got punished then totally tried to batter the ball not good.great track as well.

That's a shame mate. Really is a course you need to hit consistently on. With it being so long you are easily punished.

I blasted 89 shots in my first round back. Hard to take after being off 1 but was just great to be on the course. 

89 included 3 lost balls, 4 3 putts and a number of irons left way short.

Reckon with a bit of practice I could chop 10 shots if quite easily just with a bit of consistency n better club selection.

11 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

That's a shame mate. Really is a course you need to hit consistently on. With it being so long you are easily punished.

I blasted 89 shots in my first round back. Hard to take after being off 1 but was just great to be on the course. 

89 included 3 lost balls, 4 3 putts and a number of irons left way short.

Reckon with a bit of practice I could chop 10 shots if quite easily just with a bit of consistency n better club selection.

Patience is a virtue for you mate, hone the short game the handicap will tumble again.

4 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Patience is a virtue for you mate, hone the short game the handicap will tumble again.

Spot on mate. The funny thing was that I expected the chipping n putting to be wild as it goes quickly when not playing but in general was pretty good.

Always had a reputation as a good putter n glad that the smooth stroke is there. 

What I did struggle with was shots with ball under my feet, was hard to get down to them but it will be a game of patience.

Under no illusions, ill never play to same standard but I will play n that makes me happy ?

A was shocking yesterday in my first medal of the year. Got lucky as well first hole I blocked it thinking it was out (par 3) hit a provisional terrible but my first ball was in by about a foot god knows how. Done the same with my drive the 2nd but found that no bother. Hit a good drive the 3rd blocked my 2nd shot. 3 blocks in 3 holes then par'd the next 3. Had a nightmare at 7 and that was me had 2 shots of my handicap to play with bogeyed the next 2 out in 43. Forgot to add on the 6th one of the guys a was playing with was pin high about 10 ft from the pin so I hit mine and it landed right on his ball and knocked his ball out of bounce first bounce landed on it went about 20yards to the left out of bounce but can replace it so was lucky it wasn't my ball. On another day I would have been out in 49/50. I am capable of level par on the way in but when I got to the 10th I was enjoying the weather and thinking about my dinner :) my chipping was pretty sharp for this early in the season usually takes me a month or so to get going. 

@bigsasasfloopyhair are you going to play for a new handicap or you started playing medals yet or just bounce games ? 

1 minute ago, RFC RYAN said:

A was shocking yesterday in my first medal of the year. Got lucky as well first hole I blocked it thinking it was out (par 3) hit a provisional terrible but my first ball was in by about a foot god knows how. Done the same with my drive the 2nd but found that no bother. Hit a good drive the 3rd blocked my 2nd shot. 3 blocks in 3 holes then par'd the next 3. Had a nightmare at 7 and that was me had 2 shots of my handicap to play with bogeyed the next 2 out in 43. Forgot to add on the 6th one of the guys a was playing with was pin high about 10 ft from the pin so I hit mine and it landed right on his ball and knocked his ball out of bounce first bounce landed on it went about 20yards to the left out of bounce but can replace it so was lucky it wasn't my ball. On another day I would have been out in 49/50. I am capable of level par on the way in but when I got to the 10th I was enjoying the weather and thinking about my dinner :) my chipping was pretty sharp for this early in the season usually takes me a month or so to get going. 

@bigsasasfloopyhair are you going to play for a new handicap or you started playing medals yet or just bounce games ? 

That was my first card back for handicap. Playing to get it back then I'll be back into medals.

Im going to come in quite high n just need to plug away n get it back to a reasonable standard.

One thing for sure, I'll be great for a Texas scramble team.

2 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

That was my first card back for handicap. Playing to get it back then I'll be back into medals.

Im going to come in quite high n just need to plug away n get it back to a reasonable standard.

One thing for sure, I'll be great for a Texas scramble team.

Yeah mate best to get a handicap to work on lowering it to get you going again. You still up at Lanark ? 

I have a Texas scramble a week on Saturday but wish it was a singles medal no playing every Saturday we have a game. 

Just now, RFC RYAN said:

Yeah mate best to get a handicap to work on lowering it to get you going again. You still up at Lanark ? 

I have a Texas scramble a week on Saturday but wish it was a singles medal no playing every Saturday we have a game. 

Yeah still at Lanark mate.

Im playing again on Friday m maybe see if I can squeeze a game in before then and that will be all 3 cards in. 

Just enjoying playing again.

2 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Yeah still at Lanark mate.

Im playing again on Friday m maybe see if I can squeeze a game in before then and that will be all 3 cards in. 

Just enjoying playing again.

Course looking good not been up this year yet a don't think maybe once in the winter. 

Played Drumpellier a few weeks back well worth a visit it's a James Braid course as well so you get it cheaper. 

Just now, RFC RYAN said:

Course looking good not been up this year yet a don't think maybe once in the winter. 

Played Drumpellier a few weeks back well worth a visit it's a James Braid course as well so you get it cheaper. 

I was pleasantly surprised with the course mate. A lot of work is ongoing to remove trees and allow for more natural light into the course.

In time will be great but needing to do a bit more to make some areas look better.

Playing really well though, tends to all year.

11 hours ago, LiviGer said:

Treated myself to the new Taylormade m2 driver. Played 9 holes with it yesterday. Unbelievable distance and control! Can't wait to get out tomorrow with it. 

My m8 got one the other week....he gave me a shot of it what a strike I got from it:bow: