Josh Meekings To Be Banned For Scottish Cup Final

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can they do this for a handball?! I've NEVER heard of this before. Surely there have been other obvious handballs this season unpunished, yet suddenly a ban for this one.

Classless sellic, slavish SFA.

That really is unreal. I sincerely hope it gets overturned for the young guys sake. He has done nothing wrong. All he has to argue is ball to hand and it should be case closed it was like 2 yards away.

There has been plenty of handballs across thousands of matches but retrospective action? Scandalous that.

That mob are missing the point as well, whose to say ICT would not have came back and won the game? Do they think it was a given right they were in the final if they went 2-0 up?

Absolutely outrageous. Just when you think you've seen it all.

This must be appealed and every club and fan should back the appeal. Furthermore every club and fan should demand the removal of Regan and Doncaster immediately. It's beyond parody. Have either of their organisations ever made a decent decision?

Ive just watched it back. In real time there is no way the ref can be 100% sure it hit his hand it actually looks like it hits him right on the face from the angle the ref has. As for the assistant its pretty clear Griffiths whole body is blocking his view so what has he to go on? Griffiths screaming handball?

Can they do this for a handball?! I've NEVER heard of this before. Surely there have been other obvious handballs this season unpunished, yet suddenly a ban for this one.

Classless sellic, slavish SFA.

In the last year there has been loads of handballs not given down in the BPL because it has been ball to hand. ICT are seeking legal advice, I hope they fight them all the way. The SFA need to back thier referees, during the game the incident was so quick it was hard to make out what had happened it wasn't untill it was slowed down and shown from multiple angles that it became clear.

ICT were the better team on the day the tarriers are just being bitter scum but we knew that anyway.

I've honestly NEVER heard of this happening :lol:

Me neither! Has it literally just been made up? One things for sure shit is gonna get real! Will be very interesting to see what happens Next. It's also great to see the number who hate them grow by the second as we just watch on pissing ourselves! Fantastic!

They really are a repugnant bunch of people. How any level minded individual could associate with they is genuinely beyond me. The most embarrassing and shameless club in world football. Hope that he wins his appeal.

"Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC can confirm that it has declined the fixed one match suspension offer in relation to the Notice of Complaint issued to Josh Meekings following an alleged breach of Disciplinary Rule 200 at the ICTFC v Celtic game on Sunday, 19th April 2015."

“The club intends to vigorously defend our player and is taking legal advice on the issue."

“We are extremely disappointed that this has arisen and the player himself is mentally shattered at the turn of events."

“Josh is keen to appear in person at the disciplinary hearing and we will most strongly support him by all means available.”

The club will be making no further comment before the disciplinary hearing.