Pep Confidential

Anyone else read this? It's the story of Guardiola's first season at Bayern.

About halfway through it and it's probably the best football book I've ever read. The access the author got is ridiculous and it goes into amazing detail about his tactics, coaching methods, his personality etc.

I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Who was it written by?

I might pick it up. I don't actually read many football books but I do think this one will be an interesting ead.

Marti Perarnau. Think he's a former Olympian turned football journalist/analyst.

Found a sample chapter: http://backpagepress.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Howler-extract-pdf.pdf

If he wasn't able to hear, I imagine he asked. He got to spend as much time with them as he wanted as long as he didn't write about it as the season was going on.

Sounds good (tu)

Should be able to download it somewhere

How does Pep come across? Certain things suggests he might be a bit of a cunt at times.

Sounds good (tu)

Should be able to download it somewhere

How does Pep come across? Certain things suggests he might be a bit of a cunt at times.

Aye, no doubt.

Really well imo. Completely different to what I had thought of him, thought he might be a bit up his own arse and demand football be played in a certain way but he seems quality.

The book is brilliant. Definite must read for football fans. His love for Lahm and Thiago shines through. His dedication to rondos taking the basis of every one of his training sessions.

I won't ruin it for those who want to read it but his encounters with Garry Kasparov are quality.

Imagine a similar book on McCoist's time at us. Going in-depth about tactics etc.

2 laps round the pitch

Kick a ball at my bare arse

Lee McCulloch 30 minute stand up set

Karaoke to finish the day off