England and Sunderland footballer Adam Johnson charged with three offences of sexual activity with child under 16

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

Not good at all , dirty cunt ,also said to have groomed one of the girls

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England and Sunderland footballer Adam Johnson has been charged with three counts of sexual activity with a 15-year-old girl.

The 27-year-old, from Castle Eden, County Durham, was initially arrested on 2 March.

He was also charged with one offence of grooming when he answered bail at a police station earlier, Durham Police said.

He will appear before Peterlee Magistrates' Court on 20 May.

Gerry Wareham, from the Crown Prosecution Service, said he had authorised police to charge Johnson under the Sexual Offences Act 2003.

He said the offences are alleged to have been committed on a single victim between 30 December 2014 to 26 February this year.

"May I remind all concerned that the defendant has a right to a fair trial," he said.

"It is very important that there should be no reporting, commentary or sharing of information online which could in any way prejudice these proceedings.

"I would also remind people that the complainant in this case is entitled to lifelong anonymity under the law. For these reasons, it would be inappropriate for me to comment further."

England and Sunderland footballer Adam Johnson has been charged with three counts of sexual activity with a 15-year-old girl.

The 27-year-old, from Castle Eden, County Durham, was initially arrested on 2 March.

He was also charged with one offence of grooming when he answered bail at a police station earlier, Durham Police said.

He will appear before Peterlee Magistrates' Court on 20 May.

Gerry Wareham, from the Crown Prosecution Service, said he had authorised police to charge Johnson under the Sexual Offences Act 2003.

He said the offences are alleged to have been committed on a single victim between 30 December 2014 to 26 February this year.

"May I remind all concerned that the defendant has a right to a fair trial," he said.

"It is very important that there should be no reporting, commentary or sharing of information online which could in any way prejudice these proceedings.

"I would also remind people that the complainant in this case is entitled to lifelong anonymity under the law. For these reasons, it would be inappropriate for me to comment further."

Weird that the victim has lifelong anonymity but the defendant is named before they have been found guilty.

Plus it's very easy to find out the girls name after she posted that she had 'done things' with AJ on instagram. Always ask for ID if your guna finger blast a bird.

Sure I saw somewhere that she was in a nightclub and that's how it happened.

In a way you feel sorry for him, then you realise he plays for Sunderland! :wanker:

He's been charged with grooming too so it's unlikely this is jsut a randomer he met on a night out.

Weird that the victim has lifelong anonymity but the defendant is named before they have been found guilty.

Plus it's very easy to find out the girls name after she posted that she had 'done things' with AJ on instagram. Always ask for ID if your guna finger blast a bird.

:lol:

Brutal but getting true.

We'll just not bother with his trial then, an instagram post has spoken.

You'd think he was guilty by the news today. If he is found innocent, this will still stay with him. He will get dogs abuse. I don't think they should release a name until a conviction.