Transfers

4 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Everton bid for Sigurdsson with a transfer fee worth up to £45million!

Assuming they're planning on playing Rooney as a striker then?

Klaasen and Barkley already in that position although Barkley might go. £45m is steep but he's fantastic. Him in and Barkley out for any kind of simillar fee is great business.

Just back from hols and can't believe some of these fees being banded about like sweetie money. There will never be an even playing field anymore until it all goes tits up, and it will at some point, it's inevitable. 

The rich have gotten richer and the governing bodies will never limit things because they'll just form their own independent league / body. It's happened in other sports and will happen in football as they just get greedier. Clubs like Man City /Utd, Chelsea wanting an even split of money down the leagues to benefit English football as a whole?? They'll say "fuck them, give it to ME and now". Same happens in every other country and it's the same core clubs that feature in the Champ League now every year or are winning the big national titles (bar the freak of Leicester). 

I do wish that just one of our players, one of these years gets us these kind of fees. 

39 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Just back from hols and can't believe some of these fees being banded about like sweetie money. There will never be an even playing field anymore until it all goes tits up, and it will at some point, it's inevitable. 

The rich have gotten richer and the governing bodies will never limit things because they'll just form their own independent league / body. It's happened in other sports and will happen in football as they just get greedier. Clubs like Man City /Utd, Chelsea wanting an even split of money down the leagues to benefit English football as a whole?? They'll say "fuck them, give it to ME and now". Same happens in every other country and it's the same core clubs that feature in the Champ League now every year or are winning the big national titles (bar the freak of Leicester). 

I do wish that just one of our players, one of these years gets us these kind of fees. 

Where was ye oan holiday mate 

Sandro is obviously unbelievable but Alonso was fantastic last year, would be very harsh to replace him, would rather keep Batshuayi as number 2 and think Brown is good enough to be 3rd choice but if Batshuayi wanted to go Llorente would be a good replacement, haven't seen much of Candreva but need another type of player like that, don't want Van Dijk because he played for the filth but would be a good signing.

You look at all the wild fees flying around and yet somehow West Ham managed to get Javier Hernandez for £16m

Might be a case of Bayer Leverkusen not being greedy bastards

I think he's a great wee goalscorer

1 minute ago, Gaz52 said:

You look at all the wild fees flying around and yet somehow West Ham managed to get Javier Hernandez for £16m

He's a great wee player. Like an old fashioned finisher. Just loves scoring goals. Also got a bit of pace too.

Think he had release clause in his contract. Absolute steal. Could probably have done better than West Ham. At that price I think he could have been a very decent addition to Spurs. They're a bit light up top especially if anything happens to Kane.

5 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

He's a great wee player. Like an old fashioned finisher. Just loves scoring goals. Also got a bit of pace too.

Think he had release clause in his contract. Absolute steal. Could probably have done better than West Ham. At that price I think he could have been a very decent addition to Spurs. They're a bit light up top especially if anything happens to Kane.

His type are a dying breed, I love watching his movement in and around the box, reminds me a bit of Klose and the way he used to poach goals

3 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

His type are a dying breed, I love watching his movement in and around the box, reminds me a bit of Klose and the way he used to poach goals

Absolutely. He's like a lot of strikers from the 90s, early 00s like Ally, Inzaghi, Cole, Wright, Fowler, etc but yeah Klose is one of the few of recent years. Off the top of my head I can only really think of Defoe, who's similar in style albeit he's getting on a bit, but that type of striker is a dying breed. There's probably more but a striker who is all about goals and also has that wee bit of pace to boot. It seems to be more about being versatile and adapting rather than just being a predator in the final third.

Him and a fully fit Carroll though could potentially be fantastic.

6 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Paying him 140k a week though so its not that cheap a deal

12 hours ago, KingKirk said:

OM want dumbelly scum asking for 20million! Back of tomorrows sun.

It is going to be wonderful when they cunt has gone for a fraction of what they keep trying to say hes worth.

40million chelsea bid in Jan remember:lol: righto peter 

Aye it'll be wonderful for Celtic getting £20m for a player.