*** Cricket World Cup Thread ***

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

off topic but i noticed the IPL auction was today,, who receives the cash the teams pay for the players?

do the players get it?

In most cases, yes.

They can agree a primary contract with the BCCI before the auction for a fixed salary, but if you're confident you'll pull a decent bid in the auction you'll hold out for the auction cash (secondary contract).

Was seriously worried for Scotland at 11 for 4, Was thinking it was going to be an early night rather than having to stay up late but Berrington and Machan saved us, Machan had a few cracking shots in there. Well done to the bowlers as well to get them 7 wickets down. What a great experience must be for the guys playing for Scotland in a world cup. Hopefully we sneak a result against Afghanistan thats our only realistic hope of a win.

I'm no computer savy enough to upload the pic I took on my phone of the 4 Scottish fans sitting in the crowd sipping a few cold beers and wearing their Andy Goram T-Shirts...Superb. The Goalie playing his Flute..somebody PM me and I will Whatsapp the pic and they can do the techno wizardy bit :7325::7326::ulster:

"This is a 330+ score, no doubt about it. For a team that has struggled against two good attacks in Australia and New Zealand, this is humpty dumpty bowling."

Boycott describing the Scottish bowling as humpty dumpty bowling,God only knows what he had to say about England's bowling in their first two games

I'm no computer savy enough to upload the pic I took on my phone of the 4 Scottish fans sitting in the crowd sipping a few cold beers and wearing their Andy Goram T-Shirts...Superb. The Goalie playing his Flute..somebody PM me and I will Whatsapp the pic and they can do the techno wizardy bit :7325::7326::ulster:

cdc7f2d80b.jpg

Chris Gayle hits 215. First double century in World Cup history and only the 5th ever in an ODI.

Just wow. Would love it if the Windies can kick on from here. Sadly no team can be brilliantly unplayable in one game, then have the messiest implosion in the next quite like the West Indies.