Floyd V Manny

quinty

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fight was always going to happen when they were to old. Everyone in boxing knew Mayweather bottled it many times for a variety of ridiculous excuses over the last 7-8 years because he knew the pacman would beat him.

Thats why its going on now , he knows he has a far better chance.

Hope the pacman finally nails him.

would love manny to win but as said above Mayweather has waited until they are both past their best to fight him. Think this is one that will need to get the lads round for. Talk that if its on Skybox office could cost upwards of 50quid for it. most likely will be box office. Sure i read being sold PPV in US for $65

Took Floyd 2 cracks at the cherry to convincingly beat a bum like Maidana. Cotto & Madiana1 Floyd looked very average by his own standards against guys who brought the heat.

I got a feeling Pacquiao is going to be leading on the cards after 9 rounds simply by being the aggressor in a fight rather nullified by Floyd, what happens then is going to be interesting. Floyd is a great offensive fighter when he wants to be but if he comes out in the championship rounds to mix it up he might get himself into more trouble than he got early vs Mosley.

Fight was always going to happen when they were to old. Everyone in boxing knew Mayweather bottled it many times for a variety of ridiculous excuses over the last 7-8 years because he knew the pacman would beat him.

Thats why its going on now , he knows he has a far better chance.

Hope the pacman finally nails him.

8 years ago Manny was a super featherweight and Mayweather was a welterweight/some-time light-middleweight. Did you put 5 years into the Seville calculator?

Mayweather is a better boxer but since he's a contemptible scumbag I hope Manny humiliates him.

It's hard to claim 1 being better than the other. Pacquiao has achieved more. Skill wise, Pacquiao has a greater offensive skillset. His footwork from an offensive pov is the best I've seen. Floyd however is the slickest counter puncher I've seen. 2 entirely different skill sets.

It's hard to claim 1 being better than the other. Pacquiao has achieved more. Skill wise, Pacquiao has a greater offensive skillset. His footwork from an offensive pov is the best I've seen. Floyd however is the slickest counter puncher I've seen. 2 entirely different skill sets.

Indeed, which is why I said boxer, rather than fighter.

I don't think Manny has a "greater" offensive skillset though, he just has a more offensive temperament, and more guts. Mayweather has been disinclined, rather than incapable, of doing what he did against the likes of Corrales (how many times did he knock down that undefeated top 5 pound-for-pound champion? Five? Easily as dominant an offensive performance as any prime Manny performance) and Gatti more often, because he's far more interested in winning than entertaining people. His hand-speed and accuracy would have made him an elite combination puncher in the Salvador Sanchez mould if he had the mentality. The fact he doesn't have that mentality (and knows how to move his head properly) is probably one of the main reasons people still rave about that one time Mosley managed to hit Mayweather cleanly, while Manny has been knocked out three times. Doesn't exactly help him quicken the pulses of the fans though.

Indeed, which is why I said boxer, rather than fighter.

I don't think Manny has a "greater" offensive skillset though, he just has a more offensive temperament, and more guts. Mayweather has been disinclined, rather than incapable, of doing what he did against the likes of Corrales (how many times did he knock down that undefeated top 5 pound-for-pound champion? Five? Easily as dominant an offensive performance as any prime Manny performance) and Gatti more often, because he's far more interested in winning than entertaining people. His hand-speed and accuracy would have made him an elite combination puncher in the Salvador Sanchez mould if he had the mentality. The fact he doesn't have that mentality (and knows how to move his head properly) is probably one of the main reasons people still rave about that one time Mosley managed to hit Mayweather cleanly, while Manny has been knocked out three times. Doesn't exactly help him quicken the pulses of the fans though.

2 of mannys ko losses were in the ppines & where some of the rules included him wearing heavier gloves as a stipulation for him missing weight. Being insanely dehydrated and wearing heavier gloves is a syre fire way to get ko'd. Incidently his 2 early ko's were to bodyshots. I wouldn't read into either of those.

Offensively he's without doubt a better a better 'boxer'. His boxing skills are underrated. He's not some physical freak of nature like Tyson for instance, his footwork and ability to enter/exit at angles no other fighter in history could do is very much technical ability.

2 of mannys ko losses were in the ppines & where some of the rules included him wearing heavier gloves as a stipulation for him missing weight. Being insanely dehydrated and wearing heavier gloves is a syre fire way to get ko'd. Incidently his 2 early ko's were to bodyshots. I wouldn't read into either of those.

Offensively he's without doubt a better a better 'boxer'. His boxing skills are underrated. He's not some physical freak of nature like Tyson for instance, his footwork and ability to enter/exit at angles no other fighter in history could do is very much technical ability.

I'm not entirely sure how wearing heavier gloves (a couple of ounces heavier that is) makes you more vulnerable to the body punches of lighter journeymen, to be honest. And if he didn't make weight and got punished for it, it would suggest he WASN'T sufficiently dehydrated. But regardless, Marquez 4 wasn't in the Philippines, and neither was Morales 1, which was arguably more impressive than a KO. Morales didn't get a lucky shot, he brawled with him and won clearly.

Whatever Manny's advantages over Mayweather, I'd have a hard time imagining Mayweather losing to Morales, and I'd back Mayweather against Marquez every single time. Boxing is about finding the answers for each opponent. Manny learned against Morales. He never seemed to against Marquez, the smartest guy he has fought. His offensive skillset has never been more effectively neutered by anyone else than this elite counter-puncher.