Scotland Squad To Face Norn Iron & Gibraltar

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Norn iron play a weakened side as I think the timing of this game isn't good. The Finland match is so important to Norn iron so I'd expect Scotland to be much more up for it .

Bit of a weird statement. I'm sure Scotland will be more up for the Gibraltar game aswell, need 3 points in a game in which they will want to get a convincing score. it goes without saying the European qualifiers are more important for both teams.

Still think Scotland will gub you's though.

Glad to see there are no Rangers players in the squad.

Help me enjoy cheering on the two teams who are proud to be British.

Fuck the corrupt SFA and their team.

Yawn.

A Norn Iron team containing Paddy McCourt and Niall McGinn, aye batter in mate. Very proud to be British.

Surprised to see Forrest make the squad ahead of Mackay Steven. Thought Griffiths might have been picked given his recent form, not that I'd fancy cheering on a team led by that wee rat.

Also given that the opposition aren't the strongest, would have liked to have seen Ryan Gauld get a call up.

Why do you have a problem with these two players representing their national team?

They both seem to enjoy playing for OWC, and the fans enjoy their performances.

I don't have a problem at all with these 2 players playing for their country.

The problem I have is with the comment I quoted on in which he said he will support the 2 teams who are proud to be British (I'm guessing England and Norn Iron) What an immature and naive thing to say.

The England team probably has players who couldn't give a toss about being British and Norn Iron has a player who has a song containing the words 'Fenian Army' about him. Niall McGinn has stayed in Scotland long enough to get a referendum vote, wonder what he voted for?

The problem I have is with the comment I quoted on in which he said he will support the 2 teams who are proud to be British (I'm guessing England and Norn Iron) What an immature and naive thing to say.

The England team probably has players who couldn't give a toss about being British and Norn Iron has a player who has a song containing the words 'Fenian Army' about him. Niall McGinn has stayed in Scotland long enough to get a referendum vote, wonder what he voted for?

There's a lot of supposition and guess work going on here.

I know Norn Iron have had good results away from home but Scotland should put 4 or 5 past them comfortably.

Yep. I think we'll get a hiding - I really don't get why we agreed to play Scotland at this time. I'd have preferred that NI had a week long training camp so the players can focus fully on Finland.

There's a lot of supposition and guess work going on here.

To an extent yes.

At the end of the day Scotland voted no, so it is British, end of story. If people don't want to support the national team then don't, just riles me that they use poor excuses and false agendas.

To an extent yes.

At the end of the day Scotland voted no, so it is British, end of story. If people don't want to support the national team then don't, just riles me that they use poor excuses and false agendas.

Scotland is British, Northern Ireland is British and long may it continue! Now where are those wee flag waving emoticons?

Surprised to see Forrest make the squad ahead of Mackay Steven. Thought Griffiths might have been picked given his recent form, not that I'd fancy cheering on a team led by that wee rat.

Also given that the opposition aren't the strongest, would have liked to have seen Ryan Gauld get a call up.

Non-sensical decision.

Mackay Steven,Craig Bryson and Jamie Murphy should all be starting the qualifier and wee ginger hasn't even got them in the squad.

All-out attack employing a 3-5-2 against Gibraltar.

Should be a slaughter.

Gibraltar and Northern Ireland to be precise, you guessed wrong. I meant that the majority of fans of those two teams (and you can make it 3 if you want to include England)support their home nation and the United Kingdom as a whole,and don't boo the National Anthem, sentiments I share.

I can assure you I am neither immature or naive. I love football and Rangers are more important to me than a football association that went out its way, and continues to do so,to destroy my favourite football team.Therefore I refuse to support any other football team which reflects and attempts to glorify that corrupt organisation. Realism, and honesty to your own ideals is sometimes more important than blind patriotism. This is something you may discover yourself as you mature.

So as I suggested,I hope the Scottish football team loses and this reflects badly on the SFA, and I am glad there are no Rangers players involved.

Gibraltar and Northern Ireland to be precise, you guessed wrong. I meant that the majority of fans of those two teams (and you can make it 3 if you want to include England)support their home nation and the United Kingdom as a whole,and don't boo the National Anthem, sentiments I share.I can assure you I am neither immature or naive. I love football and Rangers are more important to me than a football association that went out its way, and continues to do so,to destroy my favourite football team.Therefore I refuse to support any other football team which reflects and attempts to glorify that corrupt organisation. Realism, and honesty to your own ideals is sometimes more important than blind patriotism. This is something you may discover yourself as you mature.So as I suggested,I hope the Scottish football team loses and this reflects badly on the SFA, and I am glad there are no Rangers players involved.

Rangers come before Scotland and always will.

I understand the point you are making and I respect your opinion.

I cant stand the SFA either but who in all honesty thinks of a country's football association when playing that country? You may say the country's national team is a representation of the association but I don't see it that way....I don't watch England and automatically think of the FA.

I don't agree with booing GSTQ but I don't agree with every Rangers fans opinions either. Point being, I'm not going to let some arsehole Scotland fans with a different belief from me interfere with me supporting my country.

• 2 weeks later...