Sbragia Snubs Jack Harper

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/international/314939-real-madrids-jack-harper-is-a-luxury-player-says-scotland-u19-coach/

Deary me :lol:

One of Madrid's key u19 players yet deemed not good enough for Scotland.

Just for the record, Real Madrid have 4 under 19 teams. Jack is progressing well though, and is well thought of, hence why Spain are sniffing about.

We shouldnt be leaving these players out, we should be building teams around them.

Just for the record, Real Madrid have 4 under 19 teams. Jack is progressing well though, and is well thought of, hence why Spain are sniffing about.

We shouldnt be leaving these players out, we should be building teams around them.

Pretty sure they don't...

It goes Juvenil A (1 team) which is under 19, then Juvenil B which I assume is under 18.

That's why in Scotland the scouts at grass roots games would only pick the 13 year old's who are verging on 6ft. We need to get rid of the bruiser mentality, it's boring and doesn't do us any good.

Aidan Connolly is smaller

I'd say he got lucky with his move to Dundee United. I don't mean lucky in a bad way though, he's clearly good enough, but it could have been a different story for him had a side like Dundee United not been about.

Many would have deemed him 'too small'.

What is there left to be said about how fucking stupid this is?

Badger's absolutely spot on - it's a development game, it's about creating a team for the future, creating an understanding between players who might not get that luxury at club level. To throw together a team of runners to "get a result" is embarrassing.

I'd say he got lucky with his move to Dundee United. I don't mean lucky in a bad way though, he's clearly good enough, but it could have been a different story for him had a side like Dundee United not been about.

Many would have deemed him 'too small'.

Aye maybe. He was in the Scotland squad at the time though and was pretty well known though.

Playing on an amateur contract at QP the development fee would have been very small (if anything at all) so would have been a tiny gamble.

Pretty sure they don't...

It goes Juvenil A (1 team) which is under 19, then Juvenil B which I assume is under 18.

You have Castilla who feed the main squad. Real Madrid C, Juvenil A and Juvenil B.

Castilla is what the British would call a reserve team. R. Madrid C, Juvenil A and Juvenil B is under 19.

You have Castilla who feed the main squad. Real Madrid C, Juvenil A and Juvenil B.

Castilla is what the British would call a reserve team. R. Madrid C, Juvenil A and Juvenil B is under 19.

Real Madrid C aren't u19, they play in a senior league. Castilla aren't u19 either as they play in a senior league. Both of these teams are filled with players aged 20 and over and clearly aren't u19s.

Juvenil A is the only u19 team, Juvenil B is made up of younger players aged around 17, so do effectively u18, and is the team Harper progressed from last year.