10 Clubs You Like Apart From Rangers

bomber

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a soft spot, or even less. I don't regularly check for their results or league table, but if I saw them on the TV I'd back them.

West Ham.

Sampdoria.

Hamburg.

Utrecht.

Again, I can't say I 'support' them, it's more of a nostalgia thing. Used to support Rushden & Diamonds too, RIP. (td)

They went bust!? When?

They were funded by Max Griggs, he was the owner of Dr Martens. He bankrolled the club and spent £30 million on Nene Park, he tried to make them self sustaining but the stadiums location didn't help with attracting non matchday revenue. When he stepped back and stopped funding the club they went into decline and folded.

Its a familiar story in non league football. Its happened, to a lesser extent at many other clubs with local businessman ploughing cash in and clubs failing when they over reach their circumstances.

Do you live round there?

Do you live round there?

I was born and bought up in Bedford and was involved with Bedford Town when I lived down South. Still keep up with the Eagles and the non-league scene round there and knew one of R&Ds former managers when he managed Bedford.

I was born and bought up in Bedford and was involved with Bedford Town when I lived down South. Still keep up with the Eagles and the non-league scene round there and knew one of R&Ds former managers when he managed Bedford.

Ah!

Hence the user name?

Been down that way for work a few times lately - came back a bit cross-country the other day.

Nice neck of the woods.

Ah!

Hence the user name?

Been down that way for work a few times lately - came back a bit cross-country the other day.

Nice neck of the woods.

Correct on the user name.

As long as you avoid Luton :D, Bedfordshire isn't a bad place there are some nice villages and the residents are mostly harmless.

Ajax - Second strip i ever wore after my uncle brought it back for me from the Dam!

Real Madrid - Just because of watching them while growing up and the players they had were unreal

Chelsea - Been to the brigde a few times and is always brilliant

Newcastle - Once again was a strip i was bought when i was younger

Dortmund - Just for the football they have played in recent times, their fans and the fact they're stadium is always electric.

Morton - My home town team!

Well aside from Third Lanark lol

I must admit I like to see Queens Park FC, Partick Thistle FC and Clydebank FC all doing well. The spiders and the Jags I hope will get promoted.

Keep an eye out for the Bankies scores in the Juniors - The senior Clydebank FC helped produce one of the greatest Rangers and Scottish Football players ever the legendary Davie Cooper.