What's ur first ever Rangers game?

Posso Blue

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't remember my first game but we took our 5 yr old to East Fife game the other night and it was her first time at Ibrox. Was trying to explain to her that she needs to get some blue blood pumping through her veins. Defo think we enjoyed it more than her lol

Took mine too m8, she'd been to a friendly against Milan but was too young to remember much, she loved Tuesday night, think it had more to do with the extra shift Broxi had to put in, big chap must have been sweating like a tim :lol:

Yeah i deffo remember Ronaldinho playing,pretty sure Anelka was aswell though.

Had a look on google and found the team from that night.

Paris SG: Letizi, Cristobal, Pochettino, Heinze, Potillon, Arteta, Dehu, Leal, Ronaldinho, Ogbeche, Leroy.

Subs: Aloisio, El Karkouri, Llacer, Domi, Cisse, Dias, Alonzo.

Don't have a fucking clue :(

Thank fuck I'm not the only one.

My memory is utter, utter shit. Honestly, one of the most noticeable things is people talking about films, I know I've watched a film but can never remember even the story line in some of them. <cr>

I do remember it was the 96-97 season. I went over with the BB when I was 9. Had always had family around me talk about Rangers and I'd always loved to see them doing well as I was a big McCoist fan but I'd never really paid much attention as I wasn't huge into football when I was young. Then I went to the match. I was standing at the bottom of the steps just as I walked into the stadium and a mate says to me this will take your breath away. I walked up the stairs and had never seen so many people in one place, it was literally breathtaking at nine years old (still is today).

I genuinely cannot remember who we played or what the fucking score was :anguish: But I remember seeing Super Ally, my hero come on from the bench late on in the match. I remember we got a goal and I got to hear the magic roar for the first time. The hairs stood tall on the back of my neck and the goosebumps hit me from head to toe. I'm getting that now even thinking back to it. I spent that much time looking around me rather than what was going on the field to be honest.

Gutted that I cannot remember every detail of it :angry: Fuck off shitty memory.

ok im geting on a bit but it was in the late 60s at mcdairmot (prob spelt wrong) park in perth i spoke to big ron mckinnon and he said they are a good team to support son...........hay im still here.how the fuck do you spell that ground lol........

crabflute.gifcrabflute.gifcrabflute.gifcrabflute.gif..........ahhhhhhhhhh muirton park

ok im geting on a bit but it was in the late 60s at mcdairmot (prob spelt wrong) park in perth i spoke to big ron mckinnon and he said they are a good team to support son...........hay im still here.how the fuck do you spell that ground lol........

crabflute.gifcrabflute.gifcrabflute.gifcrabflute.gif..........ahhhhhhhhhh muirton park

Ah old Muirton park. Remember a young Ally McCoist playing against Rangers in the Scottish cup.

We were 2-0 up and then it all went horribly wrong.

3-2 down at the death and we had a goal disallowed. (Redford?)

I walked out the ground thinking the season was over. Heard the cheers from behind and thought it was for the full time whistle. Got on the supporters bus, only to be asked if I was going to the replay on the Wednesday! We had scored.

learned not to leave early after that and was able to be at hampden for the final that season and the replay, pumping Scumdee Hibernian 4-1.

Went to see our record new signing.

£100,000 from Hibs.

Colin Stein.

His first game as a Ranger and mine at Ibrox and he scores three as we beat his old team 6-1.

Next two games he scores three (5-0 against Arbroath LC) and then two (5-1 Arbroath LC second leg).

First three games, eight goals.

"get your macaroon bar and your spearmint chewing gum...", wee blue invalid cars, buying a programme to find out the halftime scores, squeezing into the underground (the old one) on the way home.

Happy days :sherlock:

This game:

Believe I was in the Govan, remember meeting Broxi or one of the Broxi family outside the stadium.

Great clip that.

Was that Gattuso coming on wlth Gazza near the end?

And Negri remains a real mystery and an opportunity lost - he was easily the best finisher I have ever seen, much more natural than McCoist - I really wish we'd been with us longer. Did we ever get to the bottom of the squash injury/

Porrini story?

Mine was a pre-season friendly against Falkirk at Brockville in 1986, I think it was in effect a Rangers Reserves XI or the ones Souness had decided weren't in his plans, I think we won 2-0 and Bobby Williamson scored twice. In terms of first XI it was a friendly against Bayern Munich, 5th August 1986, lost 2-0 attendance 36,200, memory the majesty of Ibrox and Terry Butcher's ability to pass a ball over distance.

First time I was at Ibrox as a lad to see the mighty Gers was against St Johnstone and I sat Broomloan front below the away fans. Mark Walters was playing and getting monkey chants off the mini sheep. I know we won by a few goals can anyone remember the score and what competition we were in?

First time I was at Ibrox as a lad to see the mighty Gers was against St Johnstone and I sat Broomloan front below the away fans. Mark Walters was playing and getting monkey chants off the mini sheep. I know we won by a few goals can anyone remember the score and what competition we were in?

There is already a thread on this topic of what your first game was.

You just to press reply to the thread rather than starting a completely new thread.

Amateurs