The 3-2 game against them

Skyson1872

I watched the Jelavic cup final recently and we're so far behind getting to that stage again it's unreal.

The way that team were able to do the basics (ie keep the ball, pass and move, quick thinking with Weiss's free kick etc etc) is a million miles from what the current squad can do.

As much as he got stick, I still think we miss Edu in midfield, at least he had the energy to run from box to box, unlike any of our current midfielders....

I watched the Jelavic cup final recently and we're so far behind getting to that stage again it's unreal.

The way that team were able to do the basics (ie keep the ball, pass and move, quick thinking with Weiss's free kick etc etc) is a million miles from what the current squad can do.

As much as he got stick, I still think we miss Edu in midfield, at least he had the energy to run from box to box, unlike any of our current midfielders....

In the 3-2 game, Rhys McCabe done quite well for a young lad. Yet more proof why we should use the youngsters

Scoreline was way too flattering for them

Should have been 8

And then the Brains Trust thought it would ba a great wheeze to introduce Komedy Kerkar, and we almost tossed off a 3-0 lead against 9 men.

And then the Brains Trust thought it would ba a great wheeze to introduce Komedy Kerkar, and we almost tossed off a 3-0 lead against 9 men.

Still wonder what if Boca didn't dive in, I know Samaras would still have scored but we'd have been better prepared for the free kick Rogne scored from (getting the better of Zinedine Kerkar in the process), Goian caused all that. Has Ally ever had a solid defence? :lol:

Still wonder what if Boca didn't dive in, I know Samaras would still have scored but we'd have been better prepared for the free kick Rogne scored from (getting the better of Zinedine Kerkar in the process), Goian caused all that. Has Ally ever had a solid defence? :lol:

I know exactly where you're coming from!

Anyway, it was great to stop them winning the league on our turf.

I'm just glad it didn't go on 5 minutes longer, or the unthinkable might have happened!

It was my first OF match, a day i'll hold in my heart dearly.

It was my oldest lads first OF game too and I don't think he'll ever forget it. He had a ball that day in the Copland jumping about with his big union jack he took with him. It seems like a lifetime ago now with everything we've had to endure in the last two years.

I know exactly where you're coming from!

Anyway, it was great to stop them winning the league on our turf.

I'm just glad it didn't go on 5 minutes longer, or the unthinkable might have happened!

The ally oot threads would have started 3 years earlier

Nah I was meaning the one in 2012, sorry I didn't mention that lads. Yeah Aluko was absolutely brilliant.

I know, I just thought I'd lift the place and post another 3-2 win! Was going to post a few 3-2 victories from recent years! :)