Players who never made it at Ibrox in the 1960's

There was a top young prospect from the 1960's named Iain McDonald. He picked up a bad injury and never made it to the top. He did attempt a comeback for Dundee Utd. but did not last long. And whatever happened to Brian Heron? Left Ibrox for Fir Park and then Boghead. Does anyone know where they are now?

Bobby Watson played 50 odd times for Rangers in the 60s but moved to Motherwell where he was a bit of a legend in the 70s. Also managed Airdrie.

I knew Bobby Watson from his Airdrie schoolboys days and was very surprised when I heard on the grapevine in Australia that we had let him go to Motherwell.

I heard years later that the transfer involved Peter McCloy, but I'm not sure if that was true or not.Another excellent young player who moved from Rangers was a guy named George Mooney who while never having played for the first team was regarded as an exceptional talent.

His reason for parting ways with Rangers had nothing to do with his footballing talent. :pipe:

Bobby Watson played 50 odd times for Rangers in the 60s but moved to Motherwell where he was a bit of a legend in the 70s. Also managed Airdrie.

Always thought Bobby Watson did well for us... think I had him in my Subbuteo team ! LOL

A dhurty big fat rid heided tarrier bhastard called chris shevlane who played for hibs at the time and also ex bheggar finished Iain Mcdonald after a horrendous tackle at Ibrox, his knee was totally shattered although he went to dundee utd after us but didn't last long after that !

everytime i slagged a rangers forward off my dad would always come back with that they weren't as bad as george mclean,i never saw him but im sure the older bears can tell me if my dad was right or wrong.

George McLean is the only guy I ever knew who could hit the ball while standing on the goal line and it would go over the bar. The standing joke was when he did score it was hit in with his handbag. To give you an idea of how bad he was, he makes Jon Daly look good.

George McLean is the only guy I ever knew who could hit the ball while standing on the goal line and it would go over the bar. The standing joke was when he did score it was hit in with his handbag. To give you an idea of how bad he was, he makes Jon Daly look good.

according to wikipedia he scored 49 goals from 69 appearances but was never forgiven for his part in the berwick rangers defeat.

Did he not get one or two crucial goals against us when he played for Ayr on leaving us?

according to wikipedia he scored 49 goals from 69 appearances but was never forgiven for his part in the berwick rangers defeat.

Was Jim Forrest in the same boat?

Although it was put about that he was allowed to leave because his wage demands were too high.

Iain McDonald's injury, I'm sure was in the mid 70's , when he started getting some game time. He did look promising.

I'm pretty sure it was the early to mid '70's too, I saw him make his debut at Ibrox, I'm pretty sure he scored too, but can't for the life of me think who it was against. I remember John Greig holding his, (McDonald's), arm aloft when he scored.