Is a one year old too young to take to a game?

GOAT

Thinking of taking the wee man to Ibrox on saturday, but I'm not sure if he'll be too young and too much hassle. He's just turned 1 last month. what age were your wee ones when you took them for the first time?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First took my wee man at around 15/16 months. Defo not a good move mate. If l were you l would certainly wait a while.

Fast forward 18 months, took him again for his 3rd birthday and he loved it. Much more aware of his surroundings.

That was 7 years ago and has been going regularly with me ever since.

Thinking of taking the wee man to Ibrox on saturday, but I'm not sure if he'll be too young and too much hassle. He's just turned 1 last month. what age were your wee ones when you took them for the first time?

I'd be careful GOAT - you could end up traumatising the youngster for life.

This is the McCoist era.....a dangerous time for impressionable young minds.

:D Thought you were done with Rangers until Ally was out?? :P

Would be fine I'm sure mate...just hard keeping kids that young occupied for 90 minutes while sitting still.

Time flies eh? Can't believe that's him a year old.

I'm still not renewing, so far anyway. That will probably change nearer the time I'm not going to lie. But my plans for away games only at least the trips and the laughs on the bus make it worthwhile.

l would say so, my wee boys just turned 3 and can't wait to take him to his first game but will give a few more years yet.

At the moment he would get a fright when we score and would be bored stiff before half time and l would end up giving him my phone to play with to keep him happy so pretty pointless taken him till he's ready.

I'd be careful GOAT - you could end up traumatising the youngster for life.

This is the McCoist era.....a dangerous time for impressionable young minds.

As much as that's a great point, he wont remember it, but I just think it would be good to tell him his first game he saw us lift a trophy.

As much as that's a great point, he wont remember it, but I just think it would be good to tell him his first game he saw us lift a trophy.

We're Glasgow Rangers.

There will be plenty of opportunities like that to come.

I'll play Devil's Advocate then..........don't take him (he's a bit on the 'too young' side t.b.h.) but take a photo of the day and when he's old enough (18?) show him said snap and tell him you NEARLY took him to the game that day.

He'll probably take you for a pint to thank you for NOT dragging him along. :D