Stevie Clarke

TAFKA

Don't always listen to Radio Sellik but caught a wee comment last night about Clarke.

Apparently he is still on "gardening leave" after leaving West Brom but that ends when his contract runs out in May.

He'll be rested, looking to start earning again and take on a new challenge.

I'm still hoping for McInnes but I would be happy with Clarke.

All of this is, of course, dependent on the 125 day (so far) review, GW showing some leadership and getting Ally out the door ASAP.

Not another "Ally oot" thread, more of a "how would Stevie Clarke do and would he come to us" thread :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't give a monkeys if the next manager is the biggest bead rattling tim on the planet as long he gets us playing good football and puts the long overdue foundations in place for the future.

Congratulations mate, this is your best ever post (tu)

Our next manager can't come from Britain. With the exception of Ferguson, British managers of the last 20 years are underachievers.

Other than Mourinho, most of the foreign managers have been underachievers over the last ten years. Wenger and Benitez spring to mind. AVB didn't do too well, Scholari as well. Even Ancelloti probably dipped a bit. Problem actually is we don't seem to reckon British managers can manage the top teams, Ferguson excepted.

Other than Mourinho, most of the foreign managers have been underachievers over the last ten years. Wenger and Benitez spring to mind. AVB didn't do too well, Scholari as well. Even Ancelloti probably dipped a bit. Problem actually is we don't seem to reckon British managers can manage the top teams, Ferguson excepted.

I'll let you research this and come back and tell me.

Name the last British manager other than Ferguson to win the Premier League, the CL/EC, or any European trophy? Good luck because the EC one wasn't even in my lifetime...

I'll let you research this and come back and tell me.

Name the last British manager other than Ferguson to win the Premier League, the CL/EC, or any European trophy? Good luck because the EC one wasn't even in my lifetime...

How many Biritish managers have there been over the last ten years at Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool? My point is any chance of being successful is restricted if you can't get the top jobs with the top budgets, as European football in particular is being more and more dominated by hard cash and for some reason British managers just don't get a look in.

George Graham, Kenny Dalglish and Howard Wilkinson won trophies at the top of English football in the eary mid/nineties. George Grahma took Arsenal to a Cup Winners Cup I believe. And I would not denigrate that.

My point about the failures of many foreign coaches at the top of English football stands.