Rangers - v - Sunderland - We don't know we're living

My last 2 games were Rangers v Raith & Sunderland v Arsenal. I have to feel sorry for the Black Cats supporters. They get excited if one of their players wins the ball & moves towards goal and the see their team beaten through stupid mistakes over and over again. Mohsni looks good compared to their defenders.

We were treated to 6 goals. Zero goals for the Black Cats, about 3 shots on target.

Yes they get booze inside the stadium but apart from lager in a plastic cup there's not much to get excited about unless you like hot dogs as they are over a quid cheaper than at Ibrox.

£32 for a seat at the Stadium of Light and only £18 at Ibrox.

The Newcastle Metro was a shambles and it took over an hour to get on a train compared to about 5 minutes at Ibrox subway.

So overall I got the impression that we Rangers fans were pretty well off in comparision.

ps: The Arsenal away support were pretty good. Shared trains with the locals with no trouble and kept up the songs throughout the match. Shame many of them would have missed their trains home due to Metro log jam.

pps: I took my son in law to Ibrox so he returned the favour in case you wonder how I ended up at the stadium of light instead of going to Dumbarton.

I quite enjoy the Stadium of Light, but it's a bit soulless compared to Ibrox. The other, overrriding impression is how small a club they are compared to us. It's very much a 'family' atmosphere at SOL - none of the underlying tension and excitement found at Ibrox.

If you got off at Central Station and got the Metro to SOL. It is a shambles! There's two Metros that come, one from the airport to South Hylton and the other to South Shields via the Coast. It still throws me to fuck, I've missed several Metros cause I've thought nah I need to be on the other one :lol:

Either this or they are late and decide not too tell you so your standing about like a tit for half an hour.

Are Sunderland not basically taigs?

I mind them selling half and half scarves on their site at one point. One half Sunderland and the other half Ireland.

When I used to go down in the 80's most of them couldn't care less about Scottish clubs & I reckon thats not changed much. My mates & cousins all liked the Gers though

We stayed in Sunderland when we played in the Newcastle tournament and most of the Sunderland fans we spoke to hadca soft spot for us. We were drinking in a pub called 'The Londonderry' at the time right enough ha ha